new grille! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new grille!

so today i put on an oem harley grille. ive been eyeing this for a while and finally picked it up. im really digging the black grille on the white truck, what do you guys think? my next move to complete the front is either color match the headlights or do them "harley" style in black. let me know what you think would look better but right now im stoked with the way it sits

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think that if you plan on keeping the black grille then go for the Harley lights. Otherwise if your going to colormatch the headlights go all white. Just my opinion. Truck looks great.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Id color match the grille white. Theres too much chrome going on for the black grille IMO. If you painted the lower bumper black and got HD headlights that would look good also but i think the color matched grille would look the best.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM

I actually like it with the black grille. color matching it would look good too. but black accents looks amazing on white trucks
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losrocket View Post
Id color match the grille white. Theres too much chrome going on for the black grille IMO. If you painted the lower bumper black and got HD headlights that would look good also but i think the color matched grille would look the best.
if you think there is too much chrome now you should have seen it before. i had the factory chrome grille (see sig picture). i agree i think harley lights would look the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxf250 View Post
I actually like it with the black grille. color matching it would look good too. but black accents looks amazing on white trucks
i am also a huge fan of white vehicles with black accent pieces. my with mustang has black pillars with a black roof. my white is350 has a black grille, blck emblems and smoked lights. the 350 has a black grille, all smoked lights and the factory black handles. i guess the black headlights will just finish it off
Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to flybykota
You gonna sell your old grill if so How much?
thanks

Eber.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome truck , I think if you keep the black grille you will need to run the Harley headlights to pull it together . Plus the Harley lights will look good with all of the other blacked out lights . I like how you left out the center support on the step bars , I thought about doing that too but was concerned about them flexing too much . Very nice ride .
Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
may i add that that exhaust on your truck is BADA$$. cleanest side exit install i have seen
WOW
Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybykota View Post
You gonna sell your old grill if so How much?
thanks

Eber.
sorry i had to trade for this one so i dont have the stocker anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Night View Post
Awesome truck , I think if you keep the black grille you will need to run the Harley headlights to pull it together . Plus the Harley lights will look good with all of the other blacked out lights . I like how you left out the center support on the step bars , I thought about doing that too but was concerned about them flexing too much . Very nice ride .
i agree, i think im going to do them myself next week sometime when i have a full day. as for the step bars, im 190lbs and it doest flex much at all when i step on it plus it makes it so fat chicks cant get in

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
may i add that that exhaust on your truck is BADA$$. cleanest side exit install i have seen
WOW
thanks! i did it myself after i did my icon lift because the rear leafs ran right where the exhaust exited. basically just chopped up the mbrp 5" kit and got rid of the muffler. sounds wicked and you dont see too many others with it
Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 AM

I have the same grille and I have harley headlights and it looks good.

Did you get someone to paint your mirrors or did you order a cover or something? I'm wanting to do that to my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.