Headlight Conversion & HID kit ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headlight Conversion & HID kit ?

I'm converting my entire front end from an '03 to the 05-07 front end. I've got the bumper and the grille, just waiting on the headlights. My question is this...can I keep my 9007 bulbs and put them in the 05-07 housings? I've heard several people say how bad of a design the 9008 bulbs are, so I figured if my 9007's would fit in the new frames that would be great.

Also, has anybody ever fooled with HID kits? I saw one on Dfuser's website and if it really makes that much of a difference then the price is well worth it. I just don't know how well they actually work, and what power of bulb I need. Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
I'm converting my entire front end from an '03 to the 05-07 front end. I've got the bumper and the grille, just waiting on the headlights. My question is this...can I keep my 9007 bulbs and put them in the 05-07 housings? I've heard several people say how bad of a design the 9008 bulbs are, so I figured if my 9007's would fit in the new frames that would be great.

Also, has anybody ever fooled with HID kits? I saw one on Dfuser's website and if it really makes that much of a difference then the price is well worth it. I just don't know how well they actually work, and what power of bulb I need. Any insight?
Square peg in a round hole kind of thing. The keying is different so that they wont fit, naturally. That would be way too easy of a solution!

HID's are great. They turn night into day almost. Problem is that the stock housings aren't designed for them and cause the cheap kits to scatter light all over the place. That's why some vehicles with HID's are so frikken annoying. Either get a real retrofit kit with projectors that cut off the light to european standards (basically a shutter that keeps the scattered light from exceeding a height that will blind other drivers) or look up the 12V conversion harness from someone like GOs Racing or CaryT on this site. They allow full battery voltage to the bulbs versus the 9-10 volts the stock harness delivers. They are significantly brighter than stock. And since they are designed to work with the stock housings and halogens bulbs there is no light scattering like you will get from the cheap HID kits.

Also check out this thread for some good HID info.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
same hid's are amazing but like me with the regular housing, im sure some people hate me. i havent quite decided what im going to do. i dont really want to buy the cheap whole headlight assembly that has projectors on ebay and retro-fitting sounds difficult to do
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you cant fit 9007 bulbs in a H13 housing... your best bet is to get H13 HID kit with 9007 ends on them... we can custom make them like that...

or if you dont want HID's we carry 9007 to H13 pigtails for regular halogen bulbs

-Raul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.