Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Headlight Conversion & HID kit ?

994 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Raul@Stealth Automotive 
#1 ·
I'm converting my entire front end from an '03 to the 05-07 front end. I've got the bumper and the grille, just waiting on the headlights. My question is this...can I keep my 9007 bulbs and put them in the 05-07 housings? I've heard several people say how bad of a design the 9008 bulbs are, so I figured if my 9007's would fit in the new frames that would be great.

Also, has anybody ever fooled with HID kits? I saw one on Dfuser's website and if it really makes that much of a difference then the price is well worth it. I just don't know how well they actually work, and what power of bulb I need. Any insight?

#2 ·
Square peg in a round hole kind of thing. The keying is different so that they wont fit, naturally. That would be way too easy of a solution!

HID's are great. They turn night into day almost. Problem is that the stock housings aren't designed for them and cause the cheap kits to scatter light all over the place. That's why some vehicles with HID's are so frikken annoying. Either get a real retrofit kit with projectors that cut off the light to european standards (basically a shutter that keeps the scattered light from exceeding a height that will blind other drivers) or look up the 12V conversion harness from someone like GOs Racing or CaryT on this site. They allow full battery voltage to the bulbs versus the 9-10 volts the stock harness delivers. They are significantly brighter than stock. And since they are designed to work with the stock housings and halogens bulbs there is no light scattering like you will get from the cheap HID kits.

Also check out this thread for some good HID info.

#3 ·
same hid's are amazing but like me with the regular housing, im sure some people hate me. i havent quite decided what im going to do. i dont really want to buy the cheap whole headlight assembly that has projectors on ebay and retro-fitting sounds difficult to do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.