Lower my 4wd! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lower my 4wd!

So dont hate me but i would like to lower my 4wd powerstroke maybe 3 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear, can anyone assist me with how I could go about doing this or if there is somewhere online I can find a full kit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ive heard of some people putting springs out of a gas motor version truck up front and then running no blocks in the back or either drop shackles
Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 PM

Cool Deal

That sounds doable, idk i was going to lift but I just dont have all that money to drop in it, and the outlaw lariat like mine wouldnt look like crap lowered in my opinion so ive about decided thats the way i want to go. But I really dont want to loose all my clearance and still be able to go on little trails just nothing too insane, do you think 3 in front and 2 in rear would be too much or what?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:27 PM

well you could prolly just take the rear blocks out and put in some 1 inch blocks in the back and it would sit level and that would still give you some clearance but idk about dropping 3 in the front i dont think it would do to good on any trails but ive never had a lowered truck either lol ive thought about doin mine that way if i didnt stay on muddy construction sites and fields everyday i would lol you could prolly drop 2 in the front and 2 in the back and still be ok and it would look good to
Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you drop the front on a 4x4 the axle will hit the oil pan if you go to low.

I have heard you can get the 4x2 diesel(not GAS) springs up front that will lower it 2 to 3 inches, and then just remove the rear block totally, or install a 1 inch block.

My wife and parents have a hard time getting in an out of my truck, and I looked into doing this with my 4x4 dually. I'm still debating on what I want to do, but am afraid of the clearance issues with the oil pan.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 AM

I would like to lower my truck about 1" is there an easy way to do that. I'm going down to 33's from 35's but still need 1" more to fit comfortably I parking garage
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM

For 1" drop or even a 3", you could cut off some of the coil on the front springs as long as it sits in the spring pockets correctly. I don't know if that is an option on these trucks as I have not worked on the suspension yet.

For the rear I'd measure of find out what size lift block you have and subtract what ever inch drop for the new block you install. (i.e. have a 3" block there now & want a 1" drop...install a 2" block & ensure you have threads to accomodate the shorter block or get new shorter ubolts.)

just my 2 cents

Last edited by Quickerthanu; 08-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

look on powerstroke . net they doing it over there looks killer i think just cut the front spring and remove the rear block thinking of doing it my self
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam406406 View Post
look on powerstroke . net they doing it over there looks killer i think just cut the front spring and remove the rear block thinking of doing it my self
powerstroke.net???
Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu View Post
If you drop the front on a 4x4 the axle will hit the oil pan if you go to low.

I have heard you can get the 4x2 diesel(not GAS) springs up front that will lower it 2 to 3 inches, and then just remove the rear block totally, or install a 1 inch block.

My wife and parents have a hard time getting in an out of my truck, and I looked into doing this with my 4x4 dually. I'm still debating on what I want to do, but am afraid of the clearance issues with the oil pan.

Hope that helps.

I knonw how that goes^^^ i'd look at puttin on some nice steps/runnin boards. i've seen some that "hide" under ur truck when the door shuts and are electric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.