Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Line-X/Rhino liner on lower body panels

20K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  The Duke 26 
#1 ·
I'm sick of worrying about door dings. I got a quote for a spray type liner on the lower panels but wasn't sure about the way it will look. Has anyone had their lower body panels sprayed with commercial spray linings or the do-it yourself roller liners?

If you can post pics (especially white trucks) I'd appreciate seeing the look and reading your thoughts.

#2 ·
Look into Al's liner. Its DIY and professional grade.

#5 ·
Check out my garage. I have mine done even with the body line all the way around, and at the body line height on the tailgate. Front and rear bumpers, steps, grille guard, and even had the rocker panels inside the doors done while I was at it. It cost me $1K to have it done if I removed the bumpers and grille guard. I got it on the cheap because I sent them a lot of business from my co-workers AND I bought that high dollar Leer top from them. But, I have several good pics in my garage. I think it looks great, and I get tons of compliments. Just make sure your place knows EXACTLY what they're doing. Mine is straight as an arrow all the way around.

#7 ·
Where's the link to the garage I have a outlaw the bumper has lots of rock chip I'm thinking of doing the bottom foot of the whole truck

#8 ·
Click on my "Gallery Hall" by my avatar, and then cruise through my pics.

#9 ·
Land vehicle Pickup truck Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

i just got mine done in line x. i had tried dupli color, herculiner, and several other bedliner roll-ons my self. but they all chipped or peeled over time. no matter how good i prepped or how thick it was on. line-x i highly recomend. it makes the truck look awesome and is very durable. i got it done for 425.

#12 ·
pretty big thread revival but I'll bite. If you really want it gone and it was done right, yeah its going to be a PITA to get off and you'll need to have the truck repainted when its gone since prep work usually involves some pretty heavy sanding. Gonna be a chunk of change to say the least.

#13 ·
Yeah, from what I've heard once that stuff is on, you'll have to give it hell to get it off. And like nighthawk said, you're going to have to repaint the truck afterwards. It also depends on what material was used, if it was a spray on liner, good luck. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.