HID help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HID help

Im trying to decide on which HID kit to buy. Im comparing 2 kits. The one Stealth sells and the one DDM Tuning sells.

Why is the stealth automotive kit so much more expensive? Do I need the 35w or the 55w kit? Is 55w brighter? Also, will I need relays for these?

-Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here is a thread I found,

HID Conversion Kit

I don't have HIDs on my 350 but I do have a kit from DDM tuning on my Celica 55w 6K low beam and 35w 3K fog, yes the 55w are brighter, you might need relays (read thread) I dont use a relay on my Celica and they work fine but I;m not sure about these trucks. The site Retro Solutions look pretty good, a bit more than DDM but they come with a harness, here's the link. Retro-Solutions LLC Home Page, Adam at FCDP recommends Retro Solutions, so I'll probably go with them if he says so.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

buy DDM ive had them in all my cars trucks motorcycles and quads and have never had a problem, ive got them in my F350 now in the headlights and fogs and there superior
Old 07-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've had the DDM kit, all 35w, in my Dodge (6K) before I sold it and I just got them in my 6.0 (8K head and fog) and my bike (6k). For the money, you can't beat what you are getting from them. Easy install and as long as you ADJUST your headlights they are amazing.

I stress adjusting your headlights because their is nothing worse than being in front of some jerk who put HIDs in his truck and is blinding you because he didn't think he'd have to adjust the lights.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmason21 View Post
Here is a thread I found,

HID Conversion Kit

I don't have HIDs on my 350 but I do have a kit from DDM tuning on my Celica 55w 6K low beam and 35w 3K fog, yes the 55w are brighter, you might need relays (read thread) I dont use a relay on my Celica and they work fine but I;m not sure about these trucks. The site Retro Solutions look pretty good, a bit more than DDM but they come with a harness, here's the link. Retro-Solutions LLC Home Page, Adam at FCDP recommends Retro Solutions, so I'll probably go with them if he says so.
Retro Solutions is the way to go. They are very helpful and will explain any questions you may have. I would highly recommend them.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
I have used SLC and DDM. I like DDM but shipping can sometimes take a while. Their replacement bulbs though.... can't beat em for $15.00.

I ALWAYS relay any HID kit i put in no matter the vehicle. It is assurance that they wont turn off on you. Any kit that i didn't relay at first i went back and did later. I would get their pre-wired harness. makes it much easier.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for all the replies. I went with the 55w 6k kit from DDM tuning. Ill post up pictures and some feedback when I get it installed.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Got my kit on Friday and installed it on Saturday. Their shipping was very fast. My above post is wrong, I got the 8k kit. So far im really impressed with the hids, much brighter than stock. I may try out some 6k bulbs to see the difference.

One thing though I noticed is when I turn them on they take a couple of seconds to get bright. Is this normal?

-Steve
Old 08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriversDiesel View Post
Got my kit on Friday and installed it on Saturday. Their shipping was very fast. My above post is wrong, I got the 8k kit. So far im really impressed with the hids, much brighter than stock. I may try out some 6k bulbs to see the difference.

One thing though I noticed is when I turn them on they take a couple of seconds to get bright. Is this normal?

-Steve
normal with any HID or XENON light, needs a few seconds for the light to get up to temp
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just installed 35w 3000k HID's from DDM in my fog lights last week. I love them, very bright, cuts through fog and overall improves the look of my truck at night. They use digital ballasts which are a lot smaller than the older style HID's which make them much easier to hide. They give you everything you need to complete the install. The only thing I did't like was the lack of instructions. At first I could not get them to light up, but a quick search on there website found out about reverse polarity, which just means you plug the factory harness into the ballast backwards and the problem is solved. By far the best investment I ever made. I love them so much that i ordered 05+ headlights and the H13 55w 8000k HID's for the new headlight housings, can't wait!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.