paint problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
paint problems

well about late november we had a lot of snow i slid into a ditch. when we pulled it out it scratched the truck up pretty bad on some trees. got it fixed now a few days ago drove though some mud. no big deal i thought need to see how the cows were doing after all the rain. got busy didnt wash it till a few days after. now any where theres new paint and clear coat i have these little water spot stains on my fresh paint. any ideas why? all the factory stuffs ok no spots. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikinfool05 View Post
well about late november we had a lot of snow i slid into a ditch. when we pulled it out it scratched the truck up pretty bad on some trees. got it fixed now a few days ago drove though some mud. no big deal i thought need to see how the cows were doing after all the rain. got busy didnt wash it till a few days after. now any where theres new paint and clear coat i have these little water spot stains on my fresh paint. any ideas why? all the factory stuffs ok no spots. thanks
It is because your new paint isn't fully cured. You can't leave mud and water on a freshly paint rig. Take it back to the shop that painted it and they can buff it to get marks out.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Banned

Yup. Ya need a buff. The mud may have some type of acidic compound to it that was eating at the clearcoat. Happened to my old car.

Take it to a buffer and be prepared to hand over some coin. Take this as a good opportunity to get the entire truck wetsanded/buffed and it will look like sex and candy.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 AM

if it was painted a few months ago the clear should be fully cured. but it does sound like there was something acidic in the mud there. take it back to where you had it painted. they SHOULD for FREE buff those spots out. i know our shop would at least.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 AM

ok thanks for the help guys the shop that did the work always treats me fair so even if it cost some money so be it still my fault. obsidian thats a good idea wanted to do the rest of the truck but was laid off and didnt have the money then. was pretty bad when it happened both fenders hood and left side of the truck all got new paint. dosent help the trucks black either.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Banned

I completely understand about the black truck thing. It's impossible to keep it looking good.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM

ya but it looks so good cleaned up we have the same two tone
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 PM

well just a update the truck sat for about 5 days before the body shop could get to it. and low and behold the spot are gone and when i mean gone i mean gone. they said something about the paint might still be curing so good news for me and my wallet any ways. by the way the hand rubed the hole truck for free. more good stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.