Peterbilt Cab Lights on a Superduty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Peterbilt Cab Lights on a Superduty?

Has anybody ever put Peterbilt cab lights on an F250/F350 or seen this done? Was just a thought of mine because I want to put cab lights on my F250 since I grew up in a Peterbilt and also drive one now so it seemed kind of cool to do but I cant find pictures of this done anywhere so I was looking for opinions. The lights are 10 1/2" long and 3 1/4" wide at thw widest point.

What do you guys think???

Here is what they look like:

Here are two trucks with them:

And here is my truck now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i say go for it, but you know you would have to put some stacks on it after that. haha. ooohh and change out ur emblems with peterbilt ones. that would look bad agg.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe you could be the first Hailey.

One thing I would do....if you can...is, if you have access to the lights, is to set one or more on top of the truck to see what it might look like. Because of their size, it may or may not look good and would give you a chance to see what they would look like before you go drilling holes. Just a thought.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post

One thing I would do....if you can...is, if you have access to the lights, is to set one or more on top of the truck to see what it might look like. Because of their size, it may or may not look good and would give you a chance to see what they would look like before you go drilling holes. Just a thought.
could look cool, or like a turd
Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

definitely has the potential to be cool.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstokes1987 View Post
i say go for it, but you know you would have to put some stacks on it after that. haha. ooohh and change out ur emblems with peterbilt ones. that would look bad agg.
Way ahead of you lol, got the stack mounted yesterday ! Just havent put the picture up yet. Plus I just ordered my amber running lights and extra red lights for the rear, they will be here and mounted next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post

Thats exactly what I am doing, I have a set laying around at my dad's shop so when I can get a hold of them next week I am going to set them on top and take a look. The size is why I was concerned... I will post some pictures when I do a trial fit.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I think they would be cool as heck! I think they make LED inserts for those beehive style bulbs now too, plus clear lenses if you like those. My 07 379 has the flatter style cab lights.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

The PB lights are curved to fit the edge of the roof, superduty lights are flat.... You might have to modify the light base or move the wholes in your roof. That would be alot of body work just for lights IMHO.... But it would look very nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan2005 View Post
I think they would be cool as heck! I think they make LED inserts for those beehive style bulbs now too, plus clear lenses if you like those. My 07 379 has the flatter style cab lights.
Oh yeah would definately go with LED's, the ones I am looking at have 13 diodes in them so the should be bright as hell. The style you have is awesome, especially the clear but I am thinking the rounded style would work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
The PB lights are curved to fit the edge of the roof, superduty lights are flat.... You might have to modify the light base or move the wholes in your roof. That would be alot of body work just for lights IMHO.... But it would look very nice.
The Torpedo style cab lights have flat bases actually so I just need to take some measurements.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you thought about 377 cab lights, I just like how they look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.