Park sensor module - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Park sensor module

Where is the module located for the park sensors? Dealer says thats whats keeping mine from working and I was going to pick one up and replace. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you ever get that fixed? Mine quit working too. If so how much was the part? Thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Premium Member

No I never did get mine fixed. Still have no idea where the module is on the truck. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. Maybe someone else has some input
Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM

Mitchell onDemand said it is at the right kick panel. If that is any help mine doesn't work either but i haven't messed with it.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

PDC

DO you have backup camera on the mirror or just Park Distance control?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM

I just have the park sensors, i wish i had the camera
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 PM

I just looked in my ford workshop manual and it says the module is behind the pass side cowl kick panel.

Now are you sure it is the module that is the problem? The parking aid wasnt working in my friends truck but mine was. So what we did was remove the 5 sensors from his bumper. Remove one of my sensors and one by one plug each one of his sensors into my truck untill we found one of his sensors that made my parking aid not work. So he bought a sensor from ford for $150 and his parking aid now works.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0DSLPWR View Post
I just looked in my ford workshop manual and it says the module is behind the pass side cowl kick panel.

Now are you sure it is the module that is the problem? The parking aid wasnt working in my friends truck but mine was. So what we did was remove the 5 sensors from his bumper. Remove one of my sensors and one by one plug each one of his sensors into my truck untill we found one of his sensors that made my parking aid not work. So he bought a sensor from ford for $150 and his parking aid now works.
Forgive me for being dumb as to this, but I was trying to find the module and couldnt for the life of me. I see that you have it behind the passenger side cowl kick panel....is that not the same as behind the kick panel on the inside of the cab by where the passenger's feet would be? I pulled that out and couldnt find it
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teameyecatcher View Post
Forgive me for being dumb as to this, but I was trying to find the module and couldnt for the life of me. I see that you have it behind the passenger side cowl kick panel....is that not the same as behind the kick panel on the inside of the cab by where the passenger's feet would be? I pulled that out and couldnt find it
Yeah that sounds like where it should be according to the manual. Ive never looked for mine or had the kick panel out though. Sorry i cant be more help but hopefully somebody that has will see this and let us know where exactly it is.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM

i've read in a related post that it could be behind the glove box, mine haven't worked for a while either. but just last night they started working when it was 5 degrees outside, but when its warm and i need them it seems like they quit. go figure. hopes this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.