look at this body... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
look at this body...

I had to get ya'll to look to answer my boring question, SORRY! I have a 2 tone, black top and gold bottom F250 w/ the gold molding just below where the paint color changes, this molding is, well it is MOLDED or something discolored, and I can't get it clean. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do? Has anyone removed this molding, and if so how is the best way to go about it? Thanks fellas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Eagle 33
a heat gun... some fishing line... some goo gone and a little elbow grease should take the molding off. taking the molding off will clean up the look of the side of your truck a little bit too
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eagle 33
so did you decide to do it?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM

If so I want to see some pics. I have been thinking of doing it to my truck just haven't got around to it yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Actually started today, got the drivers side pretty good so far, will try and finish up tomorrow, and once I get it all cleaned up will get some pics on here, I highly recommend it from my results thus far, thanks so much for the tip, finally got some good weather and a little time, even if your molding isn't discolored I would do it though, looks much better, thanks again
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 AM

I have got a 2005 that is also black with the gold along the bottom. My moulding was black and was above where the color changes. I removed mine when I first got the truck and I think it looks alot better and cleaner.

To remove mine I just used a heat gun and pulled the moulding off. Moving the heat gun along as I went and didnt leave the heat gun in one spot for more than a couple seconds. The moulding actually peeled off really easy but left this sort of foam adhesive strip that was holding the moulding to the body. Then I used a pinstripe removal wheel like this(3M Pinstripe Removal Wheel - ZZ3000) that you can put in a drill. The wheel had no problem removing the foam adhesive and didnt leave any marking on the paint.

Only problem I had while doing this is the pinstripe removal wheel is actually very good at removing pinstriping...who knew. My truck has pinstriping where the color changes from black to gold and I got a little close and took off a chunk of the pinstriping. Luckily a buddy owns a body shop and got me a replacement peice for nothing.

Heres some pics.

With moulding

Without moulding

You can see in this one where I was missing the pinstriping before I replaced it

Last edited by 6.0DSLPWR; 03-07-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.