Bixenon Projector retrofit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bixenon Projector retrofit

Hey guys, I was sick of the crappy stock light out put on my 04 f350, so I bought a set of pnp hid bixenon lights. I will say this, the light output was brighter then stock, but soo scattered it was almost unusable. I drove like that for a year getting flashed about every other car or so. Now I decided that enough was enough so I was looking for a cheap set of aftermarket projector headlights, well those 2 words don't go together. Anyway I found out most aftermarket "projector" headlights are halogen projectors. I search and found out it is cheaper to retrofit a set of oem bixenon projectors into our factory housing. And you get a much brighter light that is focused on the road not everywhere else. 1 huge source for hid info would hidplanet. com. Also check out theretrofitsource. com. Either way I started my project and will be well on my way once my projectors come in. Here are some pics of what I did to get ready for the projectors and as soon as I get them and the time to work on them again I will post up my progress. Thanks for looking.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Alright, my projectors came in today so I spent some time tonight cutting the housing to fit the projector and found it very easy, I have to aim the first light tomorrow and Ill be ready to seal up the back and make a shroud. Ill post some pics of the progress.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Keep us posted!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 PM

So here are the pics, all I have left is to make the shrouds and seal the lights back up!

Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

WOW! That was a lot of work. Good job!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:02 AM

Would this work?

9004 9007 HB1 HB5 Bixenon projector system, complete
Old 01-09-2010, 07:16 AM

Im sure those would work, I would shoot them an email and make sure. Those would make the project very easy.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great result..have additional mod pictures?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Awesome man. I'm just waiting on the funds to come in so I can pick up a set of tl's or possibly some rx350's. How did you figure out the spacing from the back of the housing to where you mounted the projector using the double nuts? Are you going to make the harness like it is shown on hidplanet using the dual relays to activate the bixenon movement?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 PM

For pics, thats all I have for now, but Ill take more as I go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNoob View Post
Awesome man. I'm just waiting on the funds to come in so I can pick up a set of tl's or possibly some rx350's. How did you figure out the spacing from the back of the housing to where you mounted the projector using the double nuts? Are you going to make the harness like it is shown on hidplanet using the dual relays to activate the bixenon movement?
My main reason for going the tl route, was there is plenty of room for it and it is the most highly rated bi xenon projector. For spacing, I just looked the light and tried to visualize how much it would need to go back to close the light back up. I then traced the back side of the projector onto a piece of paper and cut that into the headlight. I made sure I cut it on the smaller side and just gave it room where it needed it. After I got the depth I wanted I made sure I had enough wiggle room to adjust it in the headlight housing. I didnt bother with double nuts because its not needed. When I get the headlights perfect in the housing tomorrow night then I will epoxy everything and then the nuts will never move again. It is very easy to tighten the projector in with the 4 bolt flange the tls have. Since I am trying to bang this project out quickly I opted to buy a premade bixenon plugin harness from TRS. It was only 25 bucks and wired up really nicely. I will let you know how I like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.