Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 tow mirrors

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hello guys i am a newbie here to powerstroke.org. I traded in the ol gasser a few weeks ago for an 05 stroke with the 6.0l. Im wanting to do the mirror conversion but cant find some of my answers on a few questions. First off the truck is a 2005 f250 superduty 4x4 auto lariat trim package. Heated leather seats bucket seats in the front and 60/40 split bench in the rear. Im wanting to put the tow mirrors on but im not sure if i have the heated option for the mirrors. The mirrors are power mirrors but i don't see an emblem for the heated portion. I would also like to add the mirrors with the turn signals in them. If i buy the DEDC mirrors will the turn signal option work on this trucks configuration? Since these replacement mirrors are heated as well will that function work or just be disabled? Im not looking for power telescoping.

thanks in advance for all the help.

#2 ·
Pull the door panel and see which connector you have, round or rectangle. Make sure you get mirrors with either the correct connector, or an adapter.
The turn signals will work.
The power function will work.
I believe the defrost feature works when you select the defrost on you HVAC controls. My XL doesn't have a separate defrost button, but I run it on the defrost/floor setting and the heated function on my mirrors comes on and works fine. I imagine you won't have any issues with your Lariat.

#4 ·
Here's a link to all of the tow mirrors that we carry for your 2005. If you need help or have questions about our mirrors I can answer them for you. Hope this helps you out

Tony

2005 Ford F250 Super Duty Tow Mirrors

#5 ·
Power mirror wiring

Ok so I just bought an 05 ccsb Lariat truck a few weeks ago. Upon driving I have noticed that the left power mirror will not adjust but the right will. So tonight I dug in and removed the door panel to revel that the drivers mirror isn't powered at all. It's strictly manual. There is a flat plug mounted to the door that has 7 wires going into it. Can any one give me a giagram of what each wire does. The colors I have are red, yellow, blue, green w/ white stripe, black, green w/ purple stripe, and brown. And same for the wires coming out of the mirror adjustment switch. Those colors are red, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange w/ green stripe, and black. I am wanting to order some new tow mirrors as the truck has the small paddle mirrors now. The mirrors I am looking at are from 1aauto and have the turn, marker and heat in them. Thanks in advance for the help.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I made a thread on this... I like 1a auto and i have purchased a lot of parts from them for work and for personnel use. I also plan on buying my new grille for my truck from them next time i get paid.... BUT i found a better buy on ebay for the mirrors. I got both for around 140 bucks and so far 2 or 3 months on them and have ZERO issues with function. the only issue was during installation i had to grind off a manufacturing tab on the back side of the mirror by one of the studs on the left side with a dremel tool.. it was definitely worth my extra time to save 180 bucks... just do some ebay searches on some good name brands and you will save some serous money. After doing some research.... these are the ones available on other aftermarket mirror sites for about 300 bucks.

here are the ones I bought

EDITED sorry no non vendor links to competitor items specially when your slapping a post active sponsor in the face with it

also 05 SHOULD have the rectangle connectors.

good luck

#7 ·
#8 ·
sorry I did not mean the link or the post in that way or meant to "slapping a post active sponsor in the face" ... I like what our sponsor 1A auto puts out in their products as I have purchased from them many times. I was just trying to offer a comparison for some money savings. I wont do that again.

#10 ·
Don't worry about it bud. There's a ton of these China based mirrors coming out, most of the quality on them is pretty bad. I work very closely with our manufacturer to tell them where they need to improve and how things are going with the product. They take a lot of pride in their mirrors. It's the reason why were not the cheapest, we try very hard to get the quality of them as close to OE as possible.

We really appreciate all of the business and support that you guys give us.

Tony:rockwoot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.