I was told you can't lift an 06 4x2? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was told you can't lift an 06 4x2?

I called two or three people for leveling kits, said I was a 4x2 and they said it can't be done. Fine. Waited a week or so to get more $$$ and made a phone call to see how much it would cost to actually lift it. Two people told me that you can't lift a 2006 F250 4x2.

Is this true?!??!?!?!

It will NEVER see off road use. EVAR! I just want a 4" lift and I don't mind using blocks for the rear. Dont even mind giving up some ride quality (some, not a lot). I don't mind a "cheat" because it's strictly street and not off road.

Help! Please?

Only because I like the chicken and never used him .... er..... her before.

Last edited by Fat Tony; 03-08-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had the same problem...the ONLY lift available is a 6" Fabtech which I went with. It puts me at about the same height as an FX4 with a leveling kit (taller front end). I love it, and would definitely recommend it.

I spent lots of time looking for leveling kit, and almost ordered custom springs for the front to give me the lift, but decided to go this route. I dont regret it, especially after looking at the before pictures of my truck. Check out my gallery to see
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM

So you went 6" lift? What did it cost you (for parts & for labor) and how bad is your ride now?

I just checked your photos, I thought a 6" would be a lot higher. That's the look I'm after. How much $$$ is involved?

Last edited by Fat Tony; 03-08-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think I ended up paying 2000 total, but that was for the lift, tires, and install/mount/balance for all. The lift sells for about 1200-1300 I believe...its been about 6 months since I did it so I forget. The ride isnt too bad (liveable), but a bit worse than stock. Honestly, its not bad at all, and I learned to live with it in no time.

As for the lift itself, it ended up being a 6" in the front, but 3" in the rear via blocks. I'm thinking about putting some add-a-leafs on there to make it 6" all around. My bed sits just as high as a 4wd model, but the front a bit higher like I said before.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 PM

You can do the Basic kit for a little less, and If your not going off road thats all you would really need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.