Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PLEASE help. 08 mirror upgrade question. I PROMISE I've been researching for hours

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  seijirou 
#1 ·
okay, I have a 2006 Lariat F-250 so I had signals, running lights and power to adjust, JUST like the mirrors I just received. The plugs werent the same so I figured NBD, I can plug and play... I have the ground connected, the clearance lights work, the signal and the heat, BUT, here's where it gets tricky, no matter what I do with the rest of the wires, the mirror either doesn't move at all, OR it only moves 2 directions and not the others! (I can't remember each way). Had to come in and finally ask. Literally trying to do it right now. I have looked and looked but it seems like if I had non signal mirrors before then there are TONS of how to's but I havent found one thing that can explain my situation. Any help would be great.

I have:

on the truck (pig tail I took of old mirror): on the mirror:
Black (ground) Black
Brown (running light) white
mint green (turn signal) blue
Blk-white tracer (heat) gray

Im left with:
2 yellow yellow
blue green
red red

Tried everything all different ways. Cant even think straight anymore

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
yeah I saw that one. I dont have extending. A few extra wires in those

#4 ·
Hey man, sorry it is frustrating. I did this a few years ago so I can't recall the details but I will tell you it is never perfect. Mind don't rotate all around accurately to the switch, but they do move. Takes a little patience when adjusting them. I think the best you can do is get them to move in two directions up/down and side-side and that's the best it gets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.