lift question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lift question

Ok I have been lookin at 4" lifts and was gonna go with a 4.5" hanger icon lift but have heard from my local 4wheels parts store that they have not had good luck with hanger systems? He didnt specify a brand. So then he suggested a procomp lift. Why is this so much cheaper than a 4" icon lift? He can do the lift installed with an alignment for like $1400. I know I can do the lift myself but since it is not that much more for them to do it plus a warranty and alignment, I think that is pretty good?

Anyways what are your guys input on a good 4" lift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
well, if im not mistaken, 4wheelparts doesnt sell Icon systems, but they do sell procomp. I would go with the Icon, i think 4wheel just wants your money...correct me if im wrong, but Icon is much better than Procomp and it shows in the cost.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 PM

see i would believe that too BUT my brother in-law knows the guy? So I dont think he is tryin to get my money.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 PM

I think the 4wheel parts guy is trying to sell you the procomp to get your money because he can't get Icon products. I bet if he could get Icon products he'd be selling you that. My dads truck has the 3.5 Donahoe (same as Icon) hanger system for 6 years now and hasn't had 1 issue.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
I think the 4wheel parts guy is trying to sell you the procomp to get your money because he can't get Icon products. I bet if he could get Icon products he'd be selling you that. My dads truck has the 3.5 Donahoe (same as Icon) hanger system for 6 years now and hasn't had 1 issue.
yup. go with the icon. 4wheelparts guys arent all that great IMHO. Ive walked out of that store during a purchase more than once because they were just A$$holes. Cause im young they assume i know nothing
I avoid giving them my money
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 PM

Yep, Pro Comp is their house brand so that's what they push.

We've never had any issues with the Icon 4.5" systems. Very popular systems with 99-04 guys.
Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2000-2004 FSD 4.5 inch Hanger System - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

If you want to get rid of the stock springs and not do a hanger ans shackle, Icon does have a 4" spring system:
Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2000-2004 FSD 4 inch Suspension System - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

For comparison....Pro Comp vs. Icon:

And you can't beat Icon's lifetime warranty.

Or for something inbetween Icon and Pro Comp in terms of quality.....BDS:
BDS 4 Inch Suspension System - 2000-2004 F250/350 4wd - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 AM

Wow thanks for the comparison DC!! there is a pretty big difference in quality just by lookin at it! I think I willgo with Icon but undecided about hanger or suspension?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:59 AM

Also is it worth upgrading to the resivour shocks vs the regular ones? Does it really give you that much of a better ride?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got the 3.5" hangers from fabtech on mine and they are pretty good. easy to install and built well.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSBD View Post
Wow thanks for the comparison DC!! there is a pretty big difference in quality just by lookin at it! I think I willgo with Icon but undecided about hanger or suspension?
The 4.5" hanger and shackle will give you the best ride quality as there is no increase in spring rate.

If you beat the snot out of the truck off road the stock springs may sag over time so the 4" leaf spring system is preferred as it will handle the abuse better than the stock leaf springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSBD View Post
Also is it worth upgrading to the resivour shocks vs the regular ones? Does it really give you that much of a better ride?

Ride quality is the same. Main benefit of reservoir shocks is the increased oil capacity to allow the shock to run cooler during hard use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.