6disk NON MP3 to 6disk MP3 should just hook up. Right? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6disk NON MP3 to 6disk MP3 should just hook up. Right?

My truck came with the 6 disk radio and the salesman told me it was an MP3 player. After a few days I realized it's NOT an mp3 player. Did a little research on ebay and found the identical radio yet it's a 6 disk MP3 player. It should just hook right up using the same connections right?

The guy I purchased it from said it controls the subwoofer and media center in his ford. Mine does have a sub or a media center. I think I skrewed up good. Any advice?

The radios look identical! Mine does not say MP3, and this one does say MP3.

Also, any advice on how to hook up the ipod to radio without using the FM modulation? I remember reading something about hooking it up to the factory changer output in the back, but would I loose the 6 disk changer in the radio or are they talking external changer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I'd go back to the Stealership, talk to the guy that sold you the truck and say, "Hey man, you said that this stereo plays MP3's. It doesn't." And then request that they swap out your stereo with an MP3 stereo. If they don't, politely inform the salesman that you will NOT be sending ANY business his way, then goto the SalesManager and explain your situation to HIM. If you get some static, talk to the Manager of the StealerShip. Everyone has a boss.

The connections are the same on most of the stereos. It takes 10 mins at most to swap 'em out.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I already tried that. All I got was an appology from the salesman. When I talked to the manager, again all I got was an appology. I then told them that I am going to bad mouth them every chance I get and I can't wait until Ford sends me that survery thingy.

My radio is like this: eBay Motors: 06 FORD F-250 F-350 CD 6disc AM/FM FACTORY OEM RADIO (item 220075965328 end time Feb-02-07 08:51:48 PST)

The new radio is like this: eBay Motors: 2006 F-250 Ford 6 disc CD changer radio head unit (item 280075751256 end time Feb-03-07 14:31:11 PST)

What is the extra hole in the back for? CD changer? Aux (ipod) input? Sirius?

I'm really worried that they wont swap out. With my luck I'll need a $500 converter to make the radio work.

See how in the non MP3 radio there is a male end for the antenna and for the MP3 radio there is a female end. What do you think?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:01 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I think they will swap out. Have you taken out YOUR stereo and looked at the connections for the stereo in the dash? I'm willing to bet that the MP3 stereo will hook up to your truck and work like factory. I would goto a different StealerShip, and ask the parts guys to tell you. Have them pull your non-mp3 stereo out and hook up an MP3 stereo in there to see. Just be sure to let them know your NOT going to buy the stereo from them b/c they are going to charge you an arm and a leg.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can connect an MP3 player through the AUX input on the factory unit. You just need an adapter which costs about $100.00. I have one that I use to hook up my Ipod to my factor unit. It works great.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:51 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranchdude View Post
You can connect an MP3 player through the AUX input on the factory unit. You just need an adapter which costs about $100.00. I have one that I use to hook up my Ipod to my factor unit. It works great.

You can get the adapter for a MP3 player, iPod or I am about to hook up my aftermarket Sirius in...the radios should hook right in...

and if the Salesman said it was an MP3 player, and thats what they agreed to sell you...then go to the owner, and local Better Business Bureau or other overseeing agency.

Just my on that last point!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

do you have the window sticker from the truck ? it should give you the equipment the truck came from the factory with . If it says mp3 thats what it should have , if not your salesman made the assumption that they all have it . which is the case with some of fords product line (fusion,500,explorer,escape) sales people and customers both have a duty to confirm what the vehicle comes with at time of delivery . dont just take someone who may have just started selling fords last months word for it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.