OEM Computer Modification - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
LTJDS

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile OEM Computer Modification

This thread started by me asking about the ability for me or anyone else in my shoe's to modify the Top Speed Limiter (97MPH). I was informed, as I already knew, that with an aftermarket Programer I could.
BUT ! ! !, Won't the dealer know that the truck's computer has had a change, even if I return the OEM computer to stock mode prior to a dealer visit. I have been told by a Ford Authorized Service Tech, (working at a dealer), That the OEM computer may not show what had happened specifically, BUT they would see a Data Entry or a Data Change Event in the OEM Computer LOG. This would (without proper explanation) VOID my Factory Warranty, I've been told.
No need to go over (97MPH), and VOID my motor warranty on a 06' 6.0L SD with ONLY 700 hrs and 29K miles on the engine.
PLEASE if i am wrong and the dealer cannot tell as long as the truck is brought in for Service with the STOCK Program, Someone let me know.
If it is true and the dealer Knows ALL, Then I will focus on stereo and suspension modification first , while I rack some more miles on my stock engine. Any and all input is greatly appreciated >>>>>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why dont you just focus on stereo and other things till you get some miles on it. That way you know if it has any of the dreaded sic-0 bugs, and you will appreciate it more when you finally get the tuner.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredpowerstroke View Post
the dreaded sic-0 bugs

Must have missed something there TJ.......
Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
Must have missed something there TJ.......
HUH?????
Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I know what you are thinking ltjds...I want to bump up more performance also...but I hear some techs say they can see it, and some can't, and some that just won't care as long as it isn't there when it comes in. I have just turned 5000 miles on mine (I know it is still in it's baby stages ) and I am paranoid to step it up too much. But some of the guys on here have talked about a magussum (I have no clue how to spell it ) act that regards the modification of trucks and the dealer has to prove that the mod directly caused any malfunction. But, if it came done to that, dunno if I have the time or money to fight it. And that is what a lot of dealers are counting on!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 PM
LTJDS

Thanks

That is the most correct answer Delaware King Ranch. Thanks that is what I have concluded also. Good luck with your Baby 5K is SUPER CHERRY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.