Good brand of CB? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 10:29 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Good brand of CB?

Quick question...what is a good line of CB radios any of you run?

Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Good brand of CB?

Depends on what your looking for in a cb. If your just lookin for a standard cb. Then get a cobra, uniden, classic 125. if your lookin for toys on the cb as in am/fm side band, uppers/lowers, 10 meter, talk back, echo, reverb, r/f gain, mod gain, more talk power, better transmissions, longer distance then your typical 5-10 mile radius then your talkin about spending some money. If you want every bell and whistle you can possiblely get on a cb then you want a Galaxy or Texas Ranger RCI, Connex, General. I think that the best basic is the Uniden Night watcher 125 though. It is affordable and you can take it to a shop and have alot of custom work done to it. But it all depends I have used the good old radio shack model cb's with a K-40 antenna and talked 20 miles away crystal clear. Just remember the radio is only as good as the atenna but the whole set up is only as good as how well it is tuned in. If and when you get a cb make sure to protect youru investment have a shop peak and tune it for ya. Have them hook the antenna up for ya and make sure you get a 1 to 1 match with the antenna. Trust me on this if you don't the next question you will be asking is why my cb no worky.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Serving Our Country!

bc man you beat me to it. like he said you kinda need to know what you want to do with it, how far you wanna talk. antenna is a big part of the system also. i am very partial on the connex radios and the general lee basicall same radio just a different face. i have a bunch of radios and amps if you want to get a nice radio let me know and i can hook you up. i am very big on cb so ask away if you have any question.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

Worldwide Radio Forum: The best radio hobbyist's forum on the Net
this is a good place to read up on cb. there are a bunch of forums out there for cb radio. just google it and type in cb radio forum.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How big of a radio do you want?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Nothing real big or fancy...something for like road trips, local talk, etc.

Thought about a all in one type where handset is also display with power hidden and external ant. Not really sure what route to take yet.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You probably need something like a Cobra 25, or at the most, a Cobra 29. The Galaxy's and Ranger's are nice, but they're probably more radio than you need. Like the guys say, the antenna is key. I have the permanent antenna mount right in the middle of my roof, and I can take my antenna on and off when I need it. I think it is a Wilson 1000. You can have your CB massaged to make good power. I think I'm pushing like, over 50 watts with mine. That is enough power to throw a solid 15-20 miles in any condition, and not get stepped on (drowned out) by other radios. When it's clear, I can really throw out there. Just make sure you have a reputable shop do any work on the radio, or a permanent mount roof mount install. I was nervous about them drilling a big azz hole in my roof, but they did 2 of my trucks, and I've never had a problem.

EDIT: BTW, I am running a Cobra 25, and I would stay away from the all in one units...even with an external antenna,they're not real high quality.

Last edited by EODguyJake; 01-09-2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: More info
Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguyJake View Post
You probably need something like a Cobra 25, or at the most, a Cobra 29. The Galaxy's and Ranger's are nice, but they're probably more radio than ......mount roof mount install. I was nervous about them drilling a big azz hole in my roof, but they did 2 of my trucks, and I've never had a problem.

EDIT: BTW, I am running a Cobra 25, and I would stay away from the all in one units...even with an external antenna,they're not real high quality.

Awesome...now I have a direction. I appreciate all the info. Thank you.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

magnum S9 running a dave made m-400.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

can't go wrong with Cobra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.