06-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked 486 Times in 457 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gotcha I thought it could be done on the keypad as well but wanted to see how your were doing it
like this correct
How To Disable AutoLocks
Note: Manual transmission vehicles have this feature disabled at the factory. This procedure applies to most newer Ford vehicles, not just Ford trucks.
The enable/disable mode allows the autolock feature to be turned off and on. On manual transmission vehicles, when replacing the remote anti-theft personality (RAP) module, the autolock feature must be turned off by using the enable/disable mode.
The enable/disable mode is entered when the following series of steps is performed:
1. Confirm that the perimeter alarm is disarmed.
2. Close all doors.
3. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Note: Steps 4 through 8 must be performed within 30 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
5. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
6. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
7. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
8. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
9. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.
10. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to command the RAP module to toggle the autolock/relock feature ON or OFF.
11. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.
12. Verify that the vehicle horn chirps one time to signal the RAP module confirmation of the command. There should only be one chirp indicating that the autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer honk, the autolock/relock feature has just been enabled. Return to step 10.
13. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode.
14. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a feature has been changed.
The autolock and the appropriate alarm configuration are turned on at the factory on vehicles with automatic transmissions. Vehicles with manual transmissions have the autolock turned off at the factory. The RAP module returns to the prior setting any time battery power is interrupted.