Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Radio antenna

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Qholic 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have never done it but can I trim down my antenna so it doesn't hit my garage door when I park inside. My solution was get a bigger garage...........but my wife doesn't like that idea.

#2 ·
Your solution is best....

Reactions: catloaderdude
#3 ·
if you look at jc whitney they have all sorts of aftermarket type antenna's. Somebody even had a 50 cal. lookin bullet antenna.

Reactions: catloaderdude
#5 ·
Speaking of XM, or Sirius, How the hell do I hook it up to my 07 350. Ive got a lifetime account someone else is enjoying on thef150 I sold last year.

#6 ·
ohh crapp your lucky

assuming it's transferable you have a few options but I would swap out head unit to say a pioneer and get the xm module then u call XM and give them the unit # for activation

if u keep the OEM u can get it set up also just the sound quality is not quite as good IMHO

FYI i call it XM but we all know they merged with sirius

#7 ·
My f150 had the same radio just the factory antenna and hook up. I spent alot of money on that account and yes, for a 75.00 transfer fee it is transferable. If I get a Pioneer powerhead, how will I keep the controls on my steering wheel working or would they just be dead?

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.