Best subs for 04 f250 crew cab? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best subs for 04 f250 crew cab?

What are the best shallow mount subs for behind for the seat of a 04 f250?

I am looking at jls, but I don't know which ones to get....I know I want shallow mounts. I am thinking of getting 3 12" subs, and a truck box to put behind the seat.

Just want someone to point in the right direction on how they would work like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What kinda music you listen to?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by case123 View Post
What are the best shallow mount subs for behind for the seat of a 04 f250?

I am looking at jls, but I don't know which ones to get....I know I want shallow mounts. I am thinking of getting 3 12" subs, and a truck box to put behind the seat.

Just want someone to point in the right direction on how they would work like that.
JL makes a 13tw5, but you're not gonna get 3 of them, or likely even 2 of them behind the seat with the right amount of air space.

They also make a 12" tw3, but it's not as shallow as the w5 and will have less output/power handling. Again, good luck getting 3 of them back there with the right amount of air space. I suppose it's possible if you run sealed, but there again, you sacrifice output.

JL makes a stealth box with one ported 13tw5 that fits perfectly under the rear seat. It's "okay" output, but not near enough for me, personally. I had a custom ported enclosure made to replace my entire center console/jump seat and it houses a ported Type R 15.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

I'm running a jl audio 13 w5 in ported box behind driver side rear seat on a 500x1 amp sounds great for the limited space in these trucks !!!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

The box is from spl2k .com
Old 03-25-2014, 03:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well...from sonic electronix I found a box made for 3 shallow mount subs, that fits right behind the rear seat. The box is 75$. And he said he will give me 3 12" kicker shallow mount subs for 120$ each, or 3 rockford and fosgate shallow mount subs for 60$ each.

I'm thinking if I get that box, and 3 12" kickers, I should be hittin kinda hard right?

I listen to everything really. But mainly country/r&b/rap
Old 03-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by case123 View Post
Well...from sonic electronix I found a box made for 3 shallow mount subs, that fits right behind the rear seat. The box is 75$. And he said he will give me 3 12" kicker shallow mount subs for 120$ each, or 3 rockford and fosgate shallow mount subs for 60$ each.

I'm thinking if I get that box, and 3 12" kickers, I should be hittin kinda hard right?

I listen to everything really. But mainly country/r&b/rap
It's all relative, but that wouldn't hit all that hard compared to a traditional enclosure with a full sized sub and plenty of power. But it may be enough for your taste. Check the specs on each sub for air space requirements and compare that to the box. Remember to subtract the displacement of the subs when figuring the volume of the box. It may sound alright. Just don't make the mistake of cramming any sub into any box. It isn't that simple.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro fuzz View Post
I'm running a jl audio 13 w5 in ported box behind driver side rear seat on a 500x1 amp sounds great for the limited space in these trucks !!!
Do u have any pic of your setup.
Thanks
Old 03-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Premium Member

Sorry no pics u can't see much w/ seat in !!! The box can be seen on his web site sp2k com mine is the ported version with cut out for power rear window . I had to cut the hole for the 13" sub (box came built for single 12")also had to install a grill to keep seat off speaker !!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would look at the Sundown Audio SD-2. They are a bigger name in the car audio competition world and if you want something that will hit, they will do it better than JL.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.