Headrest Monitor questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Headrest Monitor questions

Hey, i have these monitors in the headrest of my truck when i bought it, but of course they dont work. I just wanted to see if any of you guys have worked with these before and know what i would need for them to work or am i just crap out of luck with non working monitors in my headrest. I know that i need a DIN Cable, 8 pin for both but i dont know where they run to and navigation cable if needed or want. And then a 3 pin ext. pwr cable but idk where it would run either.
Attached Thumbnails
Headrest Monitor questions-20131228_162405.jpg   Headrest Monitor questions-20131228_162431.jpg   Headrest Monitor questions-20131228_162445.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

From what I can tell the unit is a standalone av monitor. You will need the av box that goes with it, the din cable connects the screen to the av box, and a separate nav box and cable for that.
You would need a power plug as well. You can get this from Alpine, they are on the web. If they did work at one time you should see the power and din cables in the opening through the seat. I would bet that everything is installed in the center console. Underseat mounting is possible depending on how shallow, and there is always behind rear seats. If you find the connections we can troubleshoot from there.
Hope that helped,
Sean

Last edited by seanol; 12-29-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Serving Our Country!

ok. i will go out today and look and see if maybe i can find something for it...(Fingers crossed)

Update: Well i just went out and took both monitors out and i dont see any cables at all or any boxes in either center console or under the seats. So either they never finished the job or some reason took out all the parts for it.

Last edited by mustangcobrajc; 12-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can always contact Alpine on the Web. 8" screens are a nice addition if the parts aren't too bad.
Good luck,
Sean

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Off topic but can you post pictures of how they look in your seats? I have a flip down and am not crazy about it. Would like to install these

2005 F350 CCLB FX4
Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

hey sorry i took so long to get back, but here are what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Headrest Monitor questions-20140102_172838.jpg   Headrest Monitor questions-20140102_172848.jpg   Headrest Monitor questions-20140102_172928.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.