Torque Pro Accuracy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Torque Pro Accuracy

Has anyone experienced any issues with Torque Pro and accuracy? On my 03 X, 6.0L it seems to be a little odd as once warmed up my trans and coolant stay at around same temp, usually 179-181 and literally always between a half of a degree from each other. My oil temp though is 30-50 degrees higher. Oil seems to run in the 220-225 range on the highway. No matter what the outside temp is, the oil is 210-225 and coolant/trans temp always seem to be in the range above.

FIMC is 48 and voltage system usually in the higher 13's. Cant remember any of the other numbers.

Do these numbers strike anyone as odd? I ordered an oil cooler and EGR delete and they will be installed soon, but I'm just mystified as to why the trans/coolant seem to always be at the same temp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have had good success with my Torque app. I have the BDP oil cooler and see a difference between all the temps. You may be seeing the temps close due to the coolant cooling the oil as well, keeping temps within a certain range.

I do have different temps between trans and coolant. If not, I would be looking for a trans by now! I see between 160 to 180 degrees on a 25 mile highway commute.

Oil temp gets to about 180 right now (50's in the morning) and coolant is around 200 degrees.

You may want to see if there is a different PID for trans temp, that could be an issue.

Sean
Old 11-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I feel the torque app is accurate on my 05 X. For the trans temp, like seanol said, it's probably a different PID you have to select. For mine, there were two I could select from. One matched the ect exactly, the other was accurate to the trans temp. Try looking through them all with the truck running, you'll see what's available.

I don't have all that much experience in a 6.0 or diesels yet, but your oil temp seems way to high with way to much of a spread imo. Either way, looks like you got it covered with the coolers tho. G'luck.

Last edited by johnnybgood; 12-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

for me it is very accurate and super responsive I use it all the time to monitor everything
Old 12-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Premium Member

There is a PID that gets coolant temperature from the TCM. There are several PIDS in the app so you might have to bring up a blank dashboard and put all of them on there to see which one is correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.