Edge insight issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge insight issue

I have the oldersmaller Edge insight that just recently stopped displayng any data on the screen. I unplugged it from the ECM port to change my tune with my SCT and when I plugged it back in it just had the backlight on but nothing on the display. Pressing any of the buttons does nothing. It also does not power off when the ignition is off. The backlight just stays on all the time. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Heres a pic I just snapped of what Im getting when plugged in.
Attached Thumbnails
Edge insight issue-20131116_164720_resized.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Mine only stays on like that when I haven't selected a vehicle...you might try pressing enter a few times in a row....see if it will turn it on...not sure wat you would be selecting but maybe once you get it goin it might fix it self...
Old 11-17-2013, 12:47 PM

Thanx for the input Koda22, I have tried pressing all the buttons actually, several times, as well as holding the menu and enter button. It doesnt respond to any buttons at all. Its very strange as it was working perfectly for about 3 years.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygt8a4re View Post
Thanx for the input Koda22, I have tried pressing all the buttons actually, several times, as well as holding the menu and enter button. It doesnt respond to any buttons at all. Its very strange as it was working perfectly for about 3 years.
Have you tried updating the device firmware?
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 PM

Mine did the same thing. I contacted Edge to send it in for repair, but they offered me a discount to upgrade, so I got the CS for about 2/3 the price of retail. I'm sure glad I did. The CS is a much nicer monitor.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM

Edge is very easy to deal with. Had an issue with my CTS and they repaired for free in a quick time manner
Old 11-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Thanx for the input guys! I did end up contacting them and after hooking it up to my pc with the Fusion software its was determined there was a hardware issue. They were very friendly and professional! Like DNF12908 had mentioned I was offered my current unit to be sent in for repair, or an upgrade to one of the newer models and optional items at a great discount that seemed rediculous to pass up.

Heres my issue, on the older Insight I can scroll through 4 different screens I had setup for particular PID's, perfect for when I needed to look at the ones I dont read as often for testing other senarios. Can this be done on the newer CS? This is my only worry about the upgrade....
Old 11-18-2013, 03:32 PM

I'm not to sure, but I have a great older insight, that I'd be more then willing to trade ya for that new cs....lol
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM

LOl, I may consider if that option or somthing similar isnt available. Im sure Im going to love it, a new toy for the truck! I actually purchased the one I had over the newer one a few years back because of this feature. I owned one with my previous F150 (programmer and monitor) and loved that feature wich is why I purchased the same model/style for my F350. That was a big factor for me. I cant imagine the newer model not having at least one other page to setup for additional PID's that can easily be switched to on the fly....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.