Viper 3203 alarm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 AM
...swamp trash...

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Viper 3203 alarm

Anybody have one of these? I bought one off Amazon and installed it mostly for the keyless entry. Well it works but I can't seem to get the alarm function to work. Its almost as if the system "learns" itself into a hole. Reset the power and it kind of functions the locks work fine and I can get the alarm to go off if I manually unlock the door and slam it. But after a a few times using it the remote flashes all sorts of red lights, weezes, farts and shakes a lot, kind of like my Grandpa lol. The status light on the reciever also flashes continuously, where is the light should go out when unlocked. Also it will not let the alarm function work. Took it to a stereo shop and they said everything is fine and it shouldn't need programming. Anybody have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82 View Post
Anybody have one of these? I bought one off Amazon and installed it mostly for the keyless entry. Well it works but I can't seem to get the alarm function to work. Its almost as if the system "learns" itself into a hole. Reset the power and it kind of functions the locks work fine and I can get the alarm to go off if I manually unlock the door and slam it. But after a a few times using it the remote flashes all sorts of red lights, weezes, farts and shakes a lot, kind of like my Grandpa lol. The status light on the reciever also flashes continuously, where is the light should go out when unlocked. Also it will not let the alarm function work. Took it to a stereo shop and they said everything is fine and it shouldn't need programming. Anybody have any ideas?
Try a different shop . Dont sound like they know.. Kinda sounds like something was overlooked on the install.. Alarms now days are complex, miss one thing and they will not work and ur truck is not protected.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:11 AM
...swamp trash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotZone View Post
Try a different shop . Dont sound like they know.. Kinda sounds like something was overlooked on the install.. Alarms now days are complex, miss one thing and they will not work and ur truck is not protected.
The instructions on this thing was definitely not aimed to DIYers... it took a lot of Googling to figure out wiring and such. The place I took it to was an authorized Viper installer as well. They seemed more concerned about selling me new component speakers. Looks like I will have to find a new shop. At least I got the locks right that was not too hard. Just pisses me off when something doesn't work on my truck.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I watched a "Viper trained" tech install mine and no way in hell I would try it myself.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
...swamp trash...

Ya I do a lot of freelance work on the weekend, so I usually have a ton of tools, gauges, some parts and a computer in the back. It is probably something I should take rather seriously and find a professional to take care of.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I consider myself a "common sense" type of wrench, not a technician at all and this guy knew all the tips and tricks to getting it done.

I also got stuff like wiring into the horn and not using a siren, GPS and phone app lock/remote start, and a tail gate switch done while he was in there.

The only thing I dont like now that its done is that they door key pad is useless if the alarm is armed.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:15 PM
...swamp trash...

Believe me, I wrench on high end fly by wire digital throttle and shift Mercury Verado and Optimax DFI outboards and I like tackling most everything on my truck. But those instructions were literally like Chinese to me lol!! Looks like I better find another shop!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:56 PM
...swamp trash...

Well, got it fixed. Took the guy only an hour to fix it. I even got schooled while he fixed it. He hooked up all the door pin stuff, starter kill, horn etc and programmed it and adjusted the sensitivity. And I got to say, it is a nice little unit for the price. With a 2 way transmitter in the remote to alert you with lights and vibration when the thing goes off. Not to blingy like those with the digital displays. Next project, a kill switch for the FICM or maybe the fuel pump.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82 View Post
Well, got it fixed. Took the guy only an hour to fix it. I even got schooled while he fixed it. He hooked up all the door pin stuff, starter kill, horn etc and programmed it and adjusted the sensitivity. And I got to say, it is a nice little unit for the price. With a 2 way transmitter in the remote to alert you with lights and vibration when the thing goes off. Not to blingy like those with the digital displays. Next project, a kill switch for the FICM or maybe the fuel pump.
Glad to see u got it working right.. I've had mine for a little over 6 months and absolute love it... One bit of advice is make sure your batteries on the truck are good, If not and u have the remote start the truck will start and then die 15 sec later and try 2 more times and if it dont read enough voltage the remote start is inop till u disarm and retry..
Old 11-04-2013, 12:07 PM
...swamp trash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotZone View Post
Glad to see u got it working right.. I've had mine for a little over 6 months and absolute love it... One bit of advice is make sure your batteries on the truck are good, If not and u have the remote start the truck will start and then die 15 sec later and try 2 more times and if it dont read enough voltage the remote start is inop till u disarm and retry..
Thanks for the advice! Didn't get the remote start set up though. My only gripe is with the transmitter, the back seems to come off way to easily. Dropped it a few times and the battery fell out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.