Adding speakers to an XL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM
...swamp trash...

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adding speakers to an XL

I own a 06 XL LBCC. So we are talking no frills. I have about two speakers in the whole truck in the drivers front doors. About ready to add some creature comforts in. My question is, in on trucks with more factory equipted options, where are the speakers located. I'm going to wire in a alarm so I figured while I had it all apart I would run the wiring for extra speakers as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
On the pillars next to the backseat. About halfway down. I'm sure the panels have the built in grills and the wires are probably there also.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:55 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Their are only 4 speakers in the whole truck for XLT all the way to KR. The front 2 are in the front driver and passenger door panel and the rear 2 (in crew and super cab) are in the rear pillar "next to the rear seats kid of". I can try to get you some pictures. If you need any help let me know, I did a lot of research on car audio when I did my system build earlier this year. Now I'm planning one out for the new EcoBoost.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
These are the rears. The hole you see is not stock, I drilled that to add a tweeter.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM
...swamp trash...

Thanks, I saw that and was thinking that. Any idea what size ( too lazy to go look, drinking beer sitting on the beach right now. Lol). . I don't think the wiring is there, I could be wrong. I and the PO had to add a circuit for just about every aftermarket power option that has been already added to this thing. Thanx for the info!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
...swamp trash...

Thanks Mike! I probably will need a hand. I plan on putting in the Viper, fixing or changing up the the crappy aftermarket power windows that don't work so great and adding in some sort of system, nothing too crazy, might upgrade my old AVIC D3 to a new Pioneer app radio. The truck truly needs to be gone thru and clean up the PO's wiring job that he did for the power windows and locks. It's embarrassing really, just haven't had the time to fix it all.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82 View Post
Thanks, I saw that and was thinking that. Any idea what size ( too lazy to go look, drinking beer sitting on the beach right now. Lol). . I don't think the wiring is there, I could be wrong. I and the PO had to add a circuit for just about every aftermarket power option that has been already added to this thing. Thanx for the info!
They are 6x8 just like the front. I'd do like an oversized 6.5 component. I have my tweeters mounted higher close to the ceiling.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 AM

I had have an old pair of kicker 5 1/4 components that came with the 6x8 adapter that mounts them perfectly in the hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.