Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what is this?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  snafu! 
#1 ·
Bought my 04 6.0 1 week ago today, 148k miles all stock except straight pipe.
couldn't be happier with the truck even tho the dealer said it had a egr delete, which egr is still there i found out that night..

not bad for a first truck buying my self.

but the truck has monitors in the head rest and all these other things (pics below) and i do not know what they are..

I also can't get sound with the dvd player.

just wanting to see if anyone else know what any of this stuff is.

See less See more
#2 ·
The thing behind the dome light is probably a remote eye for a DVD remote control
The thing in the top of the windshield is an antenna for a remote start system
the thing at the top of the B pillar is most likely a microphone for a bluetooth setup in the radio. I am assuming you have an aftermarket head unit in the truck?

I would go visit a local stereo shop and see what all was there and what all was left after the other person got rid of the truck

#5 ·
thank you! i also found a box under the dash thats all unplugged and when i plugged it in the horn started going off so I'm guessing thats what it is..

is there any way to get another remote for the remote starter if thats what it is?
Yep, that is probably the brains for the alarm/remote start.

You'll want to try and find some numbers on it to figure out who makes it and what model it is.

Then you can start hunting on Ebay for replacement remotes.

You should be able to figure out how to pair the remotes to the alarm by reading the manual... after you figure out what you have.

Lee

#4 ·
Nice looking truck!! Good luck with it.

Tom

#6 ·
I think the box behind your dome light is a ir remote for wireless headphones that's why you can't get any sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.