Cruise control problem, yes i researched it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cruise control problem, yes i researched it

My cruise does not work....no abs light....clock spring on truck is bad so just plugged up new one to c/c on steering wheel and under dash, still no light.

Ran self test, still no light....

Guy i bought truck fron said it worked sometime.

My horn will blow non stop if switch is plugged in or if i hit the cruise button with horn not plugged into the horn switch on airbag but stops once button is releases, horn works with key button though for locks.

And i have no clue what it even looks like, the indicator light that is since no lights stay on other than the norms.

Throws egr codes due to delete but cel light is not on due to edge digital gauges/tuner(dont use the tuner part).

Plug has 12v going to so fuses and such are good.

No idea here, and i take 16hr trips home to see my daughter often(airforce).

Last edited by Strokergonebroke; 03-28-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Dunno if this will help or not but I don't get a cruise control light unless the cruise is active. Have you tried using it or are you just looking for the light?

Good luck with that one. The Clockspring solved my cruise control and airbag light problem. Never had a problem with my horn.

Chuck
Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You won't get the cruise indicator light unless it is engaged.

It won't engage under 50km/hr or 30mph.

Check the other thread I posted in about cruise/clock spring problems that have some of the diagnostic info in it for testing the clock spring.

How do you know your clock spring is bad?

A common problem of cruise not engaging (and often overlooked) is the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder. Incidentally, that's what was bad on my Sporttrac... started out intermittently not engaging, before it finally died all together. Jumper wire in the plug for that switch proved that out real quick (this is the same switch that was recalled on certain models for catching fire).

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.