MY FUSE BLOCK/ BATT TERMINAL SOLUTION - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MY FUSE BLOCK/ BATT TERMINAL SOLUTION

Well guys i set out to figure out a way to get "safe" 12v sources into my truck for running all the good stuff, after blowing many fuses inside of my truck and spending $1000 for a shop to diagnose that i had blown my "internal" starter relay in the fuse panel.

I never wanted to blow another fuse on my truck from overloading circuits and also did not want a huge mess of relays sitting under my hood.

My solution was to make my own fuse block in which i left mounted under the hood. The panel was bought from a local oilfield supply store, would fit standard fuses, was rather small and i think cost me $10. Now comes the deal of running mutiple relays and trying to keep them organized somehow.

i decided to mount the panel on a small piece of plywood painted black and mount the relays on the back side also installing a ground post on the back as the panel didnt have one already. this was the cleanest and easiest to trace method i could think of.

i used 6 gauge red wire fuse holder to the block and since i couldnt find any black 6 gauge wire, i grounded it with 4 gauge. In total i used 8 relays on the bottom of the panel, only currently using 4 of them. giving me 4 relays unused and 3 12v sources unused still.

i mounted it in the small area of space behind the brake fluid reservoir. by mounting i mean i connected all my wires and laid it in the and it seems to stay. i drilled small holes in 4 corners of the plywood and if i felt inclined i could zip tie it to surrounding items in the engine bay but this gives me some wiggle room being able to access the bottom relays easily.

ill post up some pics and you electrical gurus let me know what you think,
steve

and just for giggles one photo of the recons I installed, still waiting on second set of fog lights from ebay seller. who knew my truck was an 04???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 06:31 PM

Can't believe no one responded to this. That's awesome man! I was thinking about doing the same thing. I work in the oilfield btw. Supply boat mate.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 PM

Thats a good idea. I like it... Got any pics of it installed?
And where did you find those 90* bend connectors? Those would be so nice for some applications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.