Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New speakers sound so nice

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  05f250inmn 
#1 ·
I just upgraded all 4 speakers in my 05 CC to rockford fosgate r1682's, I also installed a rockford fosgate 12" slim sub in a seald box with a 1100 watt mono amp. Been waiting for a while to buy everything right and I was able to get the speakers for 90.00 with the pactory plug adapters fro all 4, the sub was 125.00 with the box, and the amp (cheap BOSS amp)was 60.00 with the wiring kit. So for under 300.00 I upgraded my sound big time! I am running a eclipse head unit.

#2 ·
How hard was it to wire up the sub and amp? How did the sub fit behind your seat? Did you have to remove your seats for the install or do any cutting for it to fit?

#3 ·
I didn't remove the back seat, but had to remove the tray. The jack stayed in its original spot. I had to do a little cutting of the liner behind the seat. Anp is straight forward to wire up. I will get pics up asap. I am leaving for work right now. Love the 12 hr midnight shift!

#8 ·
It's amazing how much aftermarket speakers improve the sound over the stockers. I'm very happy with my setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.