Problems with door locks after installing keyless entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems with door locks after installing keyless entry

Well I swear sometimes I'm my own worst enemy!

Today I installed a remote start and keyless entry system in my truck, had a couple of problems which I will describe. Now my driver door unlocks immediately after you lock the door with the lock button (lock button on the door, my remote is not functioning).

When I installed the system, I installed the lock and unlock wires in the wrong order. My instructions were assuming the locks took 12v to actuate the locks, when they actually use negative (gnd) to actuate. I think installing the leads backwards cooked the module itself, so now it has an open ground all the time. It's supposed to pulse ground. So, when it's hooked up it instantly locks my doors. So I unhooked the leads from the module to the locks for now while I get a replacement module.

I just noticed that my door was unlocked, and when I went to lock it, it immediately unlocked. Only the driver door is affected. As stated above, I can use the key or just push down on the lock (not the button) and it will stay locked.

Any idea as to what I did, or better yet what to fix?

Another related issue. My remote start had me tapping into several wires at the ignition harness. There are three 12v constant wires at the harness, two are yellow and one is green/purple. I was using the two yellow wires for two different 12v constant connections. My batteries were disconnected (or so I thought). Turns out one of my negative cables made its way back to the battery and it was live. I shorted the connection at one point while working. Now I have no power to the two yellow wires. What is crazy is that everything seems to work fine. Car starts/runs fine and all the accessories seem to work fine too. I checked every fuse, and none were blown either. The remote start is working fine off the third 12v constant (green/purple).

Anyone know what the yellow wires run, and what I need to do to get power back to them? They were 12v constant (all key positions)

Sorry for the novel, any help is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by fuzzman; 12-28-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Kinda Why I avoided the install on Mine

even the Authorized DEI guys took forever and had issues

Quote:
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - FORD / F SERIES SUPER DUTY / 2005 / Remote Start

12volts yellow (30A), lt grn/pur (30A) + ignition harness
Starter dk. green + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition red/lt. green + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory gray/yellow and red/black + ignition harness
Second Accessory dk. blue/lt. green + ignition harness
Keysense black/pink - ignition harness
Power Lock pink/yellow (w/o keyless) 5wi driver kick, door harness
Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the lock wire is white/red (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 3.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Power Unlock pink/lt. green (w/o keyless) 5wi driver kick, door harness
Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the unlock wire is black/white (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 2.

The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.

Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system refer to DirectFax document 1094.
Lock Motor pink/black 5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 1
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Unlock Motor red/orange 5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 7
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Parking Lights+ brown + switch or VSM, green plug, pin 2
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards same as turn signal wires
Turn Signal(L) lt grn/wht (F), lt grn/org (R) + turn signal switch
Turn Signal(R) wht/lt blu (F), org/lt blu (R) + turn signal switch
Reverse Light black/pink + back of fuse box, black 8 pin plug
Door Trigger use dome supervision wire
Dome Supervision black/lt. blue + pass kick or cluster, blu plg, pin26
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm N/A
Factory Alarm Disarm N/A
Disarm No Unlock N/A
Tachometer NOT red/lt green or red/yellow ac any ignition coil or fuel injector
Notes: On diesel vehicles the tach wire is lt. green/white in a 5 wire harness held up with white tape behind the parking brake release.
Wait to start see DirectFax document 1091
Brake Wire lt. green + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake lt. green/red - switch or cluster, blue plug, pin 18
Horn Trigger dk. blue - switch or VSM, green plug, pin 6
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks

Thanks, if only I had paid a little more attention to that little minus sign after the description of the lock wire

No time to cry over spilled milk, hopefully someone has some ideas.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Locksmith help to install key less entry. key less entry is operated on push buttons. electronic device is used to operate key less entry door lock.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Awesome save there William !!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Gave Up

Well, turns out I couldn't solve this problem. Not sure why, but I couldn't get the Audiovox Prestige unit to operate my door locks correctly. The remote start needed an additional Tach Sensor Module, which was not what I gathered before installing the unit. I pulled it out and returned it.

I like to do my own work, and figured I was up to the task. However, like others have said....unless you really know what you are doing, this is a project that is best left to the pros. There are lots of variables and I couldn't seem to sort everything out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.