amp install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
amp install

Thinking of adding a few amps,does it matter which battery I hook up to? Or do I hook up to both of them? If I hook up to just one I'm prov only gonna get 6 volts and I don't think my pyramid amp would lest long.. I want to remove one of the battery in the future for weight reduction but for now I am keeping them both.. thoughts?? I tried unhooking one already but truck would not start and keep dumping fuel into my sparkplugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ROTMFFLMGDAO! This is great. I'll play.

You just hook it to one battery. The ECM will pick up the aftermarket amplifier and send 12 volts to it.

The reason the truck wouldnt start is because you removed the wrong battery.

To keep the truck from dumping fuel on your spark plugs you have to run the remote wire for the amp to the amp and the sending unit in fuel tank.

These trucks can be really tricky to wire.

Also, dont waste your time with all these power programmers you hear about, its a waste of time. With the truck running, hook up jumper cables to one of your batteries, then take the end thats not hooked up and put the negative on the chasis and the positive on the ground lug next to the fuse box. The will "shock" the ECM and automaticall boost horsepower by 75 percent!

Good luck buddy!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The other way to do it is to hook it to the positive post on the driver side battery and to the negative post on the passenger side battery. That way the ECM doesn't have to do anything with the amp. Some of the earlier trucks won't recognize the amp and send the correct voltage to it. But, be warned, do NOT hook up the positive terminal onthe passenger side battery to the negative terminal on the driver side battery, that will really screw things up.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboy70363 View Post
ROTMFFLMGDAO! This is great. I'll play.

You just hook it to one battery. The ECM will pick up the aftermarket amplifier and send 12 volts to it.

To keep the truck from dumping fuel on your spark plugs you have to run the remote wire for the amp to the amp and the sending unit in fuel tank.

These trucks can be really tricky to wire.

Also, dont waste your time with all these power programmers you hear about, its a waste of time. With the truck running, hook up jumper cables to one of your batteries, then take the end thats not hooked up and put the negative on the chasis and the positive on the ground lug next to the fuse box. The will "shock" the ECM and automaticall boost horsepower by 75 percent!

Good luck buddy!
Lmao that was great.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM

You bought a diesel and you are worried about "weight reduction".... go back to owning ricers.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM

The easiest way to reduce weight on these big trucks is to not fuel up past 1/4 tank! When the light comes on you still have at least 150 miles to go, so just watch your odometer close.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Lmao be nice guys, just hook it up like you would in another car, both battery's are 12v so it won't make any difference. When I had mine I had the positive hooked to the drives side battery. And the negative hooked to the one of the nuts holding down the rear seat.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
:h ehe:

To the OP...please tell me your not serious......
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

To keep the truck from dumping fuel on your spark plugs you have to run the remote wire for Thanks for the advice.

So you saying the ecm automatically picks up the wiring load upgrade and makes the necessary adjustments depending on load conditions?! Will this send my truck into limp mode and if do does a simple reset solve the problem, I can use my bullydog to rest it if so.. ill try it running off both battery's, and see how it sounds...
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowincoal View Post

To keep the truck from dumping fuel on your spark plugs you have to run the remote wire for Thanks for the advice.

So you saying the ecm automatically picks up the wiring load upgrade and makes the necessary adjustments depending on load conditions?! Will this send my truck into limp mode and if do does a simple reset solve the problem, I can use my bullydog to rest it if so.. ill try it running off both battery's, and see how it sounds...

You do know were kidding right???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.