Sideview mirror adjust in reverse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sideview mirror adjust in reverse

My wife drives a Lexus. For some reason they decided it's a good idea for the sideview mirrors to point downward whenever the car is in reverse. Completely silly in a small car like hers, especially with a standard factory backup camera, but for a lifted F350 it really would be a great idea. i find myself constantly lowering my passenger side mirror when I back into a spot to see where the rear tire is in relation to the line. Anyone ever try to do something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM

My fathers GMC truck does the same thing. Great idea, would love to find out more and see what it would take to get this to work in our trucks. Intrested to see what how this turns out
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It definitely would be cool but very hard to do. You'd have to get it so the mirror stops once it reaches full down which may not be too hard but the real problem is when you put it in drive. You'd have to have a memory module or something to make to remember to stop where you previously had it. I've only ever seen the auto-down reverse mirrors on vehicles with memory seats, memory mirrors, etc.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My 2010 had the memory seats and mirrors but it still didn't move the mirrors in reverse. It would be really hard, a ton of relays and add some sensors but it would be sweet.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to aminal_99
Just read into some memory modules and such the other day, wondering if they can be an upgrade on our trucks. Turns out some of the the Expy's, and maybe the Exc's did come with this feature...
Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 AM

I agree would be very complex to build, having some small motor to turn them up and down with a servo and some memory module. Best thing is adjust your blind spots so you can see parking lines and with a slight tilt of your head you can see rear tires. Thats how I have mine, I love those mirrors.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Serving Our Country!

Dang soon the trucks will drive themselfs I mean look at all the new electronics on the 2013 explorer the dang thing auto adjusts the cruse control when you come with in a certain distance. I like having electronics and stuff but some of this is uncalled for I take pride in knowing how to back up my truck (I have backup sensors off all the time). I watched a 16 year old girl parellel park a 2005 Dodge Duelly CCLB work truck. So if she can do it I hope I can park my Dads CCLB SRW truck and my 2005 EX. To each his own I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.