Auto Start Alarm Install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto Start Alarm Install

Hello everyone, because i could not find a lot of info on installing a alarm/auto start I figured i would take pictures and see how it went. I will be installing a Clifford 590.2x Alarm On my 2006 F350 Amarillo.

I started out by taking every item out of the box, lol, that is a given.
Then i went and removed every wire i would not be using.

H1/1, H1/8, H1/9, h1/10(may go back and use this wire) H1/12, H2/1 H2/2 H2/3, H2/4, H2/5, H2/6, H2/7, H2/8, H2/10, H2/10, H2/11, H2/12, H2/13, H2/14, H2/15, H2/6.. Because this is my first auto start instill i just taped them out of the way..

I placed the srien on the driver side finder well,
[IMG][/IMG]
Once i finished a dropped a screw that my truck ate. I noticed on the other side. and noticed there is a lot more room. If i could do it over, That is where i would place it.

Next I cleaned the window and placed the Control Center behind my Rear view mirror
[IMG]URL=http://s1321.photobucket.com/albums/u550/Hightech23435/?action=view&current=DSCF2373_zps564692c2.jpg][/URL][/IMG]
I ran the wire by tucking it under the head liner, and down the driver side of the truck.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Next i removed the panel where the fues box is located. So the fun stuff could start. After i removed the panel, I noticed a pre drilled hole. And low and behold my Neutral safety swich fix, and was hiden out of view, and i could still access it. (Important! Neutral Safety switch must be plugged in and in the on position)

Next i looked for a place to put the brain. In the storage (umm dont know what it is called) I found out behind it, on the left side the box fit very nicely.

And now here comes the fun stuff. Next was the Door lock,3-pin connector.
I found this by using a light tester, and poking the wires, once grounded they locks unlocked or locked. showing me i had the right wires.
They are located where I found them easy to get at on the driver side of truck, on the bottom where the plastic step thing is at.
Blue wire to the Black/white (Side not, This is the smaller wire, there is a bigger black/white that is also in the group) The Green Wire goes to the White/Red wire.

That was the last easy part for me, Now its time to get into the bigger wire harnesses. H1/2 and H3/9H1/2 Red wire/h3/9 Red/black wire I connected to the left side of he fuse cluster, There is a power all the time wire with a nut and bolt. So i did not have to tap into any wires. (no pictures for that that will have to take one tommrrow.)

The H1/3 Brown Gets connected to the Red + wire coming off the Siren.

H1/4 ????????? Have not figured this one out...

H1/5 Black Is a ground. I found a nice place to put this. Along with. h2/18 black/white Neutral Safety Input. Look Right of the fues.

H1/11 White Is the Parking light Output. Said it goes to the brown wire at light switch harness. I used the brown wire on the dimer switch. It worked great.

[URL=http://s1321.photobucket.com/albums/u550/Hightech23435/?action=view&current=DSCF2387_zpsd6d90b0b.jpg]

H2/9 Violet/White. Tachometer Input For this one you need to remove the 4 bolts holding the fuse box. The wire is taped onto a larger wire harness. Pain the the but for me to find.

H2/17 Brown Brake shutdown imput, It goes to a green Wire at your brake pedel.

Now the Scary and hard part. Remote Start, H3

H3/1 -- Pink -- (+) Ignition 1 input/output
H3/2 -- Red/White -- (+) Fused (30A) ignition 2 / flex relay input 87
H3/3 -- Orange -- (+) accessory output
H3/4 -- Violet -- (+) Starter output (car side of the starter kill)
H3/5 -- Green -- (+) Starter input ( key side of the starter kill)
H3/6 -- Red -- (+) Fused (30A) Ignition 1 input
H3/7 -- Pink/White -- (+) Ignition 2 / Flex Relay output
H3/8 -- Pink/Black -- (+) Flex relay input 87a key side (if required) of flex relay
H3/9 -- Red/Black -- (+) Fused (30A) Accessory/starter input
H3/10 -- NC -- No connection

H3/1 -- (Pink) Goes to Ignition Positive wire (+) Red/Light Green wire in the Ignition Switch Harness

H3/2 -- (Red/White) Goes to a constant 12v power sorce

H3/3 -- (orange) Is going to the Accessory Positive Wire (+) Red/Black wire in the Ignition Switch harness

H3/4 -- (Violet) I have cut the Dark green Starter positive wire. And connected It to the cut half leading away from steering wheel

H3/5 -- (Green) Connected to the Cut dark green wire still going into steering wheel

H3/6 -- (Red) Goes to a Constant 12v power source

H3/7 -- Is not used

H3/8 -- Not used, my key does not have the chip.

H3/9 -- (Red/Black) Goes to a Constant 12v power source

**UPDATE If you have been following this thread you know that I had problems, Most were from unclear directions. The above Auto start wire setup is correct Finally.**

Last edited by Hightech23435; 11-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 PM

As Of now, I am still working on Doing the install. I am getting a 7flash Manual transmission model is enabled and not initalized.
And my lights do not flash when truck is armed. or disarmed. I could use some help, Once I have figured out my problems I will spell check, and list all wires i conected to.

Lol, Please help..

2005 Ford F350 Car Alarm Installation Guide

Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire (+): Yellow and Light Green/Purple
Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Starter Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Positive Wire (+): White/Yellow Or Red/Light Green
Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Second Ignition Positive Wire (+): Red/Black
Second Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Positive Wire (+): Gray/Yellow
Accessory Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Second Accessory Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/Light Green
Second Accessory Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness

Parking Light Positive Wire (+): Brown
Parking Light Positive Wire Location: At Headlight Switch

Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Vehicles without factory keyless entry are a type “C” door locking system, the pink/yellow is for lock and the pink/light green is for unlock both wires are found in either kick panel, you must use the drivers door switch for testing. If vehicle is equipped with factory keyless entry the door locks are a type “B” system, the lock is a white/red (-) and the unlock is a black/white (-) both wires are found at the VSM or in the drivers door harness between the door and the door jam. You may also need to connect up the gem wake up diagram if when you use the remote keyless entry and the door locks stop working after a 5 minute wait.
Power Door Lock Negative Wire Location: N/A

Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Vehicles without factory keyless entry are a type “C” door locking system, the Pink/Yellow is for lock and the Pink/Light Green is for unlock both wires are found in either kick panel, you must use the drivers door switch for testing. If vehicle is equipped with factory keyless entry the door locks are a type “B” system, the lock is a white/red (-) and the unlock is a black/white (-) both wires are found at the VSM or in the drivers door harness between the door and the door jam. You may also need to connect up the gem wake up diagram if when you use the remote keyless entry and the door locks stop working after a 5 minute wait.
Power Door Unlock Negative Wire Location: N/A

Door Trigger Positive Wire (+): Black/Light Blue
Door Trigger Positive Wire Location: In Either Kick Panel

Horn Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue
Horn Negative Wire Location: At Steering Column Harness Or VSM. The VSM (vehicle security module) is located to the right of the gas pedal, just above the transmission hump and below the radio, it is not accessible from the radio opening.

Tachometer Wire Negative Wire (-): Any Wire That Is Note Red/Light Green. The diesel tach wire is a Green/White wire, located in a 5-pin harness held up with tape behind the parking brake release.
Tachometer Wire Negative Wire Location: At Ignition Coils

Wait For Start Light Wire: For wait to start light, do not use the wire in the vehicle, use the 5,10,15 or 20 second programmable wait to start timer on the remote starter.
Wait For Start Light Wire Location: N/A

Brake Light Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Brake Light Positive Wire Location: At Switch Above Brake Pedal

Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-): N/A
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire Location: N/A

Factory Anti-Theft System: N/A
Factory Anti-Theft System Location: N/A

Last edited by Hightech23435; 11-03-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 AM

I Am almost ready to update and Make this post look a lot better. Anyone know the trick to fix a Low tachometer signal?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Glow Plugs Only

Looking good so far, Subscribed
Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Looks like i am going to need to pick up a Signal inverter. 5C3Z-17C304-AA is the ford part number i have found, Monday i will give them a call, and see if they have one in stock or if i need to order it. Sadly nothing more i can do today. My TACHOMETER INPUT Green/white wire Gives a volt reading of 1.75 when truck is off, 9.75 when truck is cranking, and 11.75 while running. If anyone chimes in and can offer any other ideas
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 AM

Well no ford dealer in my area has 5c3z-17c304-aa in stock. Sunrise ford does not have it also. Anyone know of a place i can order one. Found a few on ebay but not in the usa. I would to like to not have to wait a week to finish this alarm

Sent from my iPhone where spell check hates me.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Glow Plugs Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightech23435 View Post
Well no ford dealer in my area has 5c3z-17c304-aa in stock. Sunrise ford does not have it also. Anyone know of a place i can order one. Found a few on ebay but not in the usa. I would to like to not have to wait a week to finish this alarm

Did you try tousleyfordparts.com always seem to have everything in stock when I order?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:24 AM

I called sunrise they also did not have it, so i just called my local dealer and had it ordered. so when it comes in its just a 5min ride for me to go pick it up. now its a waiting game.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Glow Plugs Only

Quote:
Update. Part came intoday so hopefully ill be able to finish this install tonite when i get home.

Hope all goes well
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Looks like i am going to need to pick up a Signal inverter. 5C3Z-17C304-AA is the ford part number i have found, Monday i will give them a call, and see if they have one in stock or if i need to order it. Sadly nothing more i can do today. My TACHOMETER INPUT Green/white wire Gives a volt reading of 1.75 when truck is off, 9.75 when truck is cranking, and 11.75 while running. If anyone chimes in and can offer any other ideas
Doesn't the Clifford have a low tach signal setting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.