Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CB Radio in Empty Overhead Cubby??

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  goose5 
#1 ·
Who here has put a CB radio in their open overhead cubby? I know some guys here don't have the cubby. I assume if you have the sunroof, you won't have the cubby. Also, I don't know if the 99-04's have the cubby. I know my 07 does though. Anyways, I bought a Cobra 29 Classic online...still waiting for delivery...but then I realized I didn't check to see if it would fit in the overhead cubby. Really stupid, I know.
:banging: :censored: :banging: :censored:

Anyone fit a Cobra Classic in there? Anyone have pics of it? Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
Will have to post pics later if wanted? But installed the cobra 75 in there cause i can take it from my 01 cubby to my 1975 EB for the trail. Dosen't go far but main use is for road trip with friends.

#3 ·
Isn't the Cobra 75 a small, portable one? It looks like this?

I bought the Cobra 29. Looks like this:

The dimensions listed on the Cobra website are 2.25" tall x 7.25" wide x 8.63" long. I really don't know if it'll fit in the cubby. I also THINK your '01 will have a different cubby than my '07? I don't know for sure. But I know someone with an '04 on here didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the unused overhead cubby lol

#4 ·
This is a picture of the cubby in the overhead console of an 06. But it's the same thing in the 07's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.