Help radio plugs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help radio plugs

Guys the idiot that owned my truck before me cut all the radio plugs off and spliced wires anyone know where I can get any harness or pigtails cutouts anybody got anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

what a dork the OEM adapter is like what 5 bucks ? splicing in the dash is a pain in the butt

your kinda screwed but if your getting a new deck your going to have to do the same now

or find a junk yard and cut off the oem and splice it back in ,, because that harness isn't a separate piece IIRC
Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
what a dork the OEM adapter is like what 5 bucks ? splicing in the dash is a pain in the butt

your kinda screwed but if your getting a new deck your going to have to do the same now

or find a junk yard and cut off the oem and splice it back in ,, because that harness isn't a separate piece IIRC

I was hoping somebody Had put a custom deck in and still had the pigtails they would sell not too much of a chance that there's two dorks out there but you never know
Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are you putting in a new aftermarket deck? If so try unplugging the harness out of the old deck and see if it will go into the new deck. If not, cut the plug off the harness and hardwire in the new deck. All you have to do is match color to color as all aftermarket decks use the same colors.(IE red is always power, black is always ground etc.) The hard part is done as you don't have to figure out what the colors mean in the stock harness. Even if you have the stock conector you still have to connect all the wires from the aftermarket radio to a adapter plug that connects to the factory plug.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM

Ok let me clarify I took out an adtermarket stereo. Im putting a stock radio cd back in. I need the plugs that plug in the back of the radio.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Junk yard is your best bet. From what I found online any 2003+ Ford uses the same plug as our truck's.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check with a local audio shop. We (Best Kits) have the main plug only (24 pin). P/N BHO5800. I do not show the 8 pin plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.