Programming Key Fob - Tried the cycling 8x - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programming Key Fob - Tried the cycling 8x

Gents, long story short the fobs are lost and i am selling the truck, as a perk for my friend buying the truck i purchased new fobs.

I tried the key in, unlock doors with driver door, key on/off 8x cycle ending in the the key on pos. The locks do their dance to let you know it is in learn mode, i press the lock on both fobs seperately (doors lock to confirm), now i key off get out of the truck and try the fobs. They work, YES!!!!

Here's the problem, after about 15 minutes the fobs no longer work and need reporgramming, do the ordeal again same thing 15 or so minutes the truck forgets the fobs.

2005 F250 Fx4, Crew Cab, King Ranch
8" Procomp Lift w/ ext. reservoir shocks, Trac Bars, 22x14 Fuel Mavericks, 38x15.50 Fuel MTs, O-ringed heads w/ valve job, studded, 5" exhaust, Fass Ti w/ RR, XDP Sump, Coolant Filter, Singer 270Amp Alt, BPD 58v FICM, S&B Intake, Powermax, S&B intake Elbow, Snow WMI, ID Tunes, TSD tunes, PHP Ficm Programmer (Atlas 80 majority of the time), Mishimotor Radiator & Intercooler, BPD Water Pump, Gates HD Serp Belt, Flex-a-lite E-Fan Conversion
post #2 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
Just throwing this out to ask, but in the Owner's Manual it states:

11. Turn the ignition to the 3 (OFF) position after you have finished
programming all of the remote entry transmitters. Note: If more than 20
seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again.
12. The doors will once again lock, then unlock, to confirm that the
programming mode has been exited.

Just out of curiosity, are these steps being taken? I'm thinking out loud that IF #12 isn't being done (example, you're done, you turn off the key and open the door right away) , could it not be completing the process?

Owner | Operator: Darryl
My Truck Garage: Ol' Guy
Tow Toy Garage : Pilgrim International 31RE3SLF5
United States Navy - IC2 - '76-'80
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yes sir I get in close door, key in, hit unlock on driver door, do the key on/off 8x cycle ending in on. The locks dance, click lock on fob 1 doors respond, click lock fob2 locks respond, key off locks dance.

Get out close door test fobs, they lock, unlock, panic. Bout 15 min later no response...

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2005 F250 Fx4, Crew Cab, King Ranch
8" Procomp Lift w/ ext. reservoir shocks, Trac Bars, 22x14 Fuel Mavericks, 38x15.50 Fuel MTs, O-ringed heads w/ valve job, studded, 5" exhaust, Fass Ti w/ RR, XDP Sump, Coolant Filter, Singer 270Amp Alt, BPD 58v FICM, S&B Intake, Powermax, S&B intake Elbow, Snow WMI, ID Tunes, TSD tunes, PHP Ficm Programmer (Atlas 80 majority of the time), Mishimotor Radiator & Intercooler, BPD Water Pump, Gates HD Serp Belt, Flex-a-lite E-Fan Conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode