Bumper Lights help.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bumper Lights help....

I know NOTHING about lights so bare with me I have read through the threads, and there is so much info, it's hard to figure out what is the best option.

I have had the below bumper modified for 4 - 4" light selves.

Here is my question. Should I go with to fog and two bright driving lights or all 4 bright driving lights. I was thinking I could wire the fogs back up to the factory wiring, then add a new harness and switch for the driving lights.

Any advice on brands and configurations would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

do 4 driving lights, fog lights are just lights which are aimed down (or supposed to be) to bounce off the pavement and then the light beam bounces in between the fog and the pavement. so wire up as bright as light as you want, aim 2 normal and 2 down a tinge.
would want all 4 to look the same for the best look right.

i think on your truck it would look really cool to have all the bumper lights used as fog lights and then put two big 12" driving lights off your light bar
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Premium Member

Steve6L...Thanks, what brands are dependable and should I be looking at LED or HID? Should I wire them up on the same switch or separate switches?

I also have this rear bumper, what kind of lights would be best for this?

Last edited by tallyF350; 08-31-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 AM

I would definately go led. Use way less power and IMO and also by facts put out more light then HID. I would use led all around, and if I remember properly 6 led lights will use less power then 1 hid, therefore you could say light up a party or campsite for a long time not having to worry about batteries dieing. I would put al the lights on seperate switches so that you can turn them on as you please. Yah its cool to go in reverse and have lights but switch is way more handy. (say the ******* in the civic is tailgating you at night)
It's all prefrence but I would use square ones up front and then round in the back. You got a beefy square front bumper why not keep the "rigid" look

This newer brand rigid industries has some really cool lights, and if you do a little research they tourturing tested them, awesome videos.
Off Road LED Lights | LED Lights | Rigid LED Lights

The top brand for led lighting right now I would say is visionx and it looked as if you wanted to go with round? They have a lot more shapes. So it's up to you.
LED Light Bars and Lighting - Vision X USA - LED, HID, and Halogen Lighting | Off Road, Mining, Marine, Agriculture, Defense, Industrial, Commercial, Automotive,
Old 08-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

I assume since the sleeves are round I would need round lights.....I think...but I could go with square on the light bar...Thanks for the advice!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Premium Member

WOW LEDs are expensive!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 AM

Haha hid's are $100 just for 2 bulbs that's not including housings.
Go to your local performance shop and see what the owner can get you a deal on the vision x for should be able to get 4 for 500

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.