Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what type of headlights and led light bar?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  6.0kansaspowerstroke 
#1 ·
It might not be a big deal to some but im 3 months away from getting my truck paid off:woot: Im thinking about doing a face lift. What kind of projector headlights do you guys recomend? Pros and cons of different brands and pics would be awesome.
Im also going to get an led light bar for my from bumber and some smaller led lights to fit in place of the cheap fog lights i have now. Again what brands and pros and cons of each. Im wanting some REALLY BRIGHT ones. I live out in western kansas so i need something that will light the road up really good and for a long distance. pics please
Any help would be awesome.:thumb:
Also thinking of putting a touch screen cd player in and some subs. any ideas there? Not really looking for a navi unit unless i could pick one up for a good price. How big of sub could i fit behind the back seat? its an 04 f-250 no power rear glass.

#2 ·
:bump::bump:

#3 ·
:bump::bump:

#4 ·
If your looking headlights that are really bright go with Hid. You can either go with a plug and play kit that will use your factory housing, it is just ballasts and bulbs. Retro solutions makes a good kit. Or you can replace the headlights with some projectors, recon makes good products but you will pay for them. I would stay away from the cheap fleabay projectors they are junk. You can also retrofit projectors into the stock housing. Here a thread on that

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ion/255238-hid-retrofit-2005-psd-project.html

As for your fog lights and lights bar I would check out Rigid they make very high quality products and they are super bright.

#5 ·
There's been a lot of people unhappy with their HID's and many are going back to OEM bulbs or Silverstars. I'm running Silverstars and have been very happy with them. Besides, you can only have so much light when you're in traffic or a car is coming the other direction. After that, its game on. Rigid LED lights are the way to go. I have a 20" E-Series mounted in the center hole of my bumper and I couldn't imagine needing more light unless I was racing the Baja.

#9 ·
thanks guys

#10 ·
I cant help much with the lighting questions but I have two 12's behind the back seat of my truck. I am using Alpine shallow mount subs and I removed/covered the vents that are on the back wall of the truck. These subs not not need much airspace so there is enough room to mount amps beside/between the subs.

#11 ·
anyone have a pic of a led light bar on the front lit up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.