Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Couple Quick Questions

767 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  maberle 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 f-250 CC.

I have read about upfitter switches...do all pickups come with the wires already in place to install these? Or am I going to have to splice into something. I currently have my radar detector, and an auxilary power point with a two USB adaptor wired in under my dash to keep wires from cluttering my dash. The two USBs go to my cell phone booster and a phone charger that I have coming out of the dash. I did this, like I said to avoid a cluster of wires, and keep the other two ports open. As of now, I have them hooked into the fuse for the adjustable pedals since my pickup didn't come with that option. I would like to put upfitter switches in and hook these devices to a switch so they aren't constantly on.

When I bought this pickup, I only got one key. I have since got duplicates made, but would like remote keyless entry to my vehicle. How can I tell if it originally came with this option? And if it didn't, can a guy buy a keyless entry system? I don't want an alarm system, and not all that interested in a remote start with this option (Pickup is a manual). Could I go to a junkyard, find a pickup with the remote keyless entry and install it? If so, how would I go about this?

I would also like cab lights on the roof, is this an easy project?

I am currently researching all of these questions, just wanted to see if anyone on here has experience on this! Thanks for the help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.