Ebay double din - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebay double din

Has anybody put one of the cheap chinese ebay double din's in their truck? What reviews I've found have been suprisingly good. Just curious about how well they fit.

Yes I know they aren't a kenwood, or a panasonic. I currently have a Dual brand single din ($99 at Wally World) and have been super impressed with the features and function.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 05:17 PM

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
i got one and so far i like it way better than the pioneer i had before it i haggled the guy a little because i bought two ended up paying $400 shipped for two of them with reverse cams and gps antennas. sound quality is great system works really good only downside is its not really customizable out of the box but after a little screwing around with the operating system files i managed to customize the background and some of the other stuff all in all its a great unit i would def buy antoher one
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the input. The only real negative I've heard so far is that they have a built in mic for the bluetooth which some say doesn't sound real good. Haven't found one yet with all the features AND a seperate mic.

Steve
Old 05-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone have a link to the specific one your looking at?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I can't get you a link right now but just search ebay for 'double din nav' and you'll see a slew of them. They range around $230. There are some that are closer to 300 that might be a tad better quality.

Steve

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had one of those units that look similar to the oem nav, and it was absolute junk. The touch screen was more of a "push screen" because you actually had to apply pressure to make a selection. The interface just looked cheap and cheesy as hell, but the worst part was the lag. Anything you did, from changing sources to inputting an address for the nav LAG, it took 2 seconds after the initial button press for it to even think about doing anything. The only good thing about it was that I bought it for $421 with shipping and sold it locally for $450. Went to a pioneer D3, had it for a couple of years and upgraded to an AVIC x920BT.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Amazon.com: Pyle PLDN74BTI 7-Inch Double-DIN TFT Touchscreen DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/USB/SD-MMC Card Slot/AM/FM/iPod Connector and Bluetooth: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Pyle PLDN74BTI 7-Inch Double-DIN TFT Touchscreen DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/USB/SD-MMC Card Slot/AM/FM/iPod Connector and Bluetooth: Car Electronics

What do you guys think about this one? No nav but u can't beat that price and reviews aren't to bad.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The Pyles look to be the same units. Maybe just a tad more expensive. You can also get the Pyle with a GPS. I guess the main advantage is you get Amazon backing it for what that is worth.

I guess you world also need either the Scosche or metra mounting kit to make it look right. They are only $10.00

Steve
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Becareful with Amazon purchases.Usually they only offer 30 day warranty or no warranty at all and send you to the manufacture, which they will not deal with it.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good point!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.