Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SPL2K box?

11K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Diesel996 
#1 ·
I am looking at their box and I have sent them an e-mail but have not heard back from them. I need to know the mounting depth of the box so I know what sub to put in it. Anyone have any info?

#2 · (Edited)
I have one and the mounting depth is about 3 1/2 inches. Mike recommends a 12" Pioneer TS-SW3001S shallow mount. I am a Rockford Fosgate die hard, and I ended up with the Pioneer. I am really impressed with it's performance. Also, go with the ported enclosure, you won't be dissapointed. :thumb:

#6 ·
Curious about the floating amp, huh... Well, I can tell you that it is not screwed into the back wall of the truck in any way. However, it is very secure. While I don't want to give away the whole installation secret, I will say that it is built much like how a sandwich is made... the amp being one slice of bread...:wink[3]:

#9 ·
$225 shipped for the box only, no sub. Bought the sub for $98 off ebay.

#11 · (Edited)
Not at all. It's about ported vs. sealed enclosures and ported will win everytime! One 12" in a properly built enclosure (proper VAS and port length) will out-perform two 12"s in a sealed enclosure everytime!

#12 ·
A common misconception in the audio world is that more speakers means more bass. Not exactly true. An enclosure that is built to a speaker's exact specs will perform at it's best. Ported enclosures allow both sides of the bass to be heard so to speak. You hear the front side of the speaker as well as what's going on behind the speaker in the enclosure. You don't get that with a sealed enclosure. But in order for it to work properly, it has to be built properly and tuned for that speaker. You can't just cut a hole in a sealed enclosure and call it good. It doesn't work like that.

#21 ·
I too am interested in this box and would like to hear if anyone else has the Rockford Fosgate or JL's and feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.