New sound system help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New sound system help

I was able to get a Pioneer deh-33hd head unit for about 75 bucks today so that started my new project of a better sound system. I ordered this for mounting kit(I did the frequently bought together thing and got that harness for a penny):
Amazon.com: Metra 99-5808 Single DIN Installation Multi-Kit for Select 2004-up Ford/Mercury Vehicles (Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra 99-5808 Single DIN Installation Multi-Kit for Select 2004-up Ford/Mercury Vehicles (Black): Car Electronics
I am getting these speakers:
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A6874R A-Series 6"x8" 3-Way 350 Watts: Electronics Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A6874R A-Series 6"x8" 3-Way 350 Watts: Electronics
Do I need the speaker harness under the "frequently bought together"? Can anybody think of anything else I will need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Serving Our Country!

You won't need the speaker harness if you don't mind splicing in the new wires.

One thing I would get are a couple dynamat door kits so you can do both doors and the pillars in the back. One of the biggest improvements in sound and cab comfort will come from the dynamat.

Are you sure you want to go with those speakers? Maybe you should look at these.Pioneer TS-D6802R (tsd6802r) 6" x 8" 2-way D Series Speakers
They are a little more cash, but the will work nicely with this setup and if you ever decide you want to run an amp later you don't have to buy new speakers.

Guy
Old 11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Premium Member

I just bought the wiring harness. That way if you sell it, you can put the factory radio in without cutting more wires.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
buy the harness, no splicing required. just plug and play
Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 AM

You might also want to look at just getting 6.5" speakers they fit in the same hole and most come with a plate to cover up the rest of the whole. 6.5's sound better to me and theres a lot more choices. You can also put 5x7's in our doors. You dont have to just do 6x8's. I'm putting in these in the front doors and the tweeters in the a pillers Rockford Fosgate T2652-S (T2 652 S) 6-1/2" Power Component System
and putting these in the rear Rockford Fosgate Power T1652 6-1/2" T1 2-way Coaxial Car Speakers
If you dont want to mess with mounting tweeters you can do those second ones in front are rear and still sound great
Old 11-30-2011, 09:28 PM

You can just wire the door speakers into the factory wiring and just wire up the harness in the dash then plug into your head unit. I have never used a speaker harness before dont see much need for one usually the connections on the speakers work just fine when you strip and wire up directly to the speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.