new to SD how do i use my upfitter switches - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to SD how do i use my upfitter switches

i just got my 05 with the factory switches and i was wondering where im supposed to hook up the wires to on the upfitter switches to make them work,, my first mod will be a high idle switch on switch #1 all info is helpful lol thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Im not sure how you hook em up but I know the first 2 switches are 30amp and the other 2 are 10amp i believe. Better off with 3 or 4 for using the high idle mod. sorry i cant help with how to hook them up tho.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 AM

from what ive read on here the wiring should be above the fuse panel. Heres the link I found for the high idle mod

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

I would also suggest using switch 3 or 4. Save the first two for higher current applications ie. lights etc...
Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is a fuse block located behind the glove box for the up fitter relays and fuses. You can open the glove box and push in on the sides to let the door flip all the way down for access. You will not need to access these unless you are changing the fuses and/or relays for the up fitter switches. The wiring from switches can be accessed by lowering the main fuse block below the steering column. Once the fuse block is lowered, you will find (4) wires that are cut and taped up(wires are all orange but have different color tracers for identification). Theses are the switch legs from the up fitter switches. You can simply splice on to the one you want and power up your accessories. The owners manual will tell you the color codes, but still a good idea to verify with a voltmeter or test light to get the switch you want. I would also recommend going with switch 3 or 4 since they are the 10A switches. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 AM

will it cause any problems goin on switch 1 being a 30 amp this will honestly probably be the only upfitter switch i ever use and switch 1 will be handiest thanks guys
Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 PM

You wont run into any issues using switch 1. Its just a little over kill. If you dont plan on installing lights or anything, then you may as well use it. You can always swap later if needed.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...rical_v1.1.pdf

Look at page 4, it lists the wire colors as well as fuse values for each switch.

The wires are located under the steering colum on the drivers side.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Is there any way to convert the upfitter switch to a 3-way switch? Or replace the switch with a 3-way? Benefit to doing this is so that I can put in 08+ mirrors on the truck and wire the switches to power fold and telescope using the switches and leave everything on the driver side door stock (clean look)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.