I have a dumb upfitter question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a dumb upfitter question

I have just installed my upfitters and I love them. My question is does anyone have any good pictures of how the wiring would have been routed from the factory? All of mine seems fine but I would like for it to look factory, even though I'm the only one who will see the underside of the dash. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mine came with the truck and the relays are under the dash behind the glove box and the wires from there run to behind the fuse panel i had to unscrew and drop the main fuse panel down to get to them i didnt save the link that showed the relay & wireing diagram sorry hope that helps, let me know if ya need more info i could take some pics for ya
Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGGERBOYS View Post
mine came with the truck and the relays are under the dash behind the glove box and the wires from there run to behind the fuse panel i had to unscrew and drop the main fuse panel down to get to them i didnt save the link that showed the relay & wireing diagram sorry hope that helps, let me know if ya need more info i could take some pics for ya
When I added mine I mounted the fuse/relay block high behind the glove box. The wires were then run across the back side of the dash to the main fuse block. I have the ground and plug for the switches. All of that seems pretty standard. My harness has push pins to secure it to the metal dash frame and the dash frame has like what, 1000 holes in it. I would just like to make sure the harness is routed 100% before I push the pins into holes. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have removed a set from a truck that came with them-it's a nightmare how they are routed. In hindsight, pulling the dash would have been easier.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for the information. The difficulty of the "factory" install is what I was looking for. Mine don't interfere with either of the glove boxes, the steering column, the brake pedal or the shifter so the harness must be routed perfectly! I may look into a different routing the next time I am under the dash with nothing else to do.....like I have spare time, that's like having spare money. Thanks again dazdillenger and BOGGERBOYS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.