High idle "mod" on a 6 speed.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High idle "mod" on a 6 speed..

Ok. I did the high idle "mod" today and it did nothing. I did some more homework and it turns out the manual trannys have that option disabled from the pcm. APPARENTLY the 05 and later pcms do not. So my question is it possible to have the pcm flashed with the 05 and later tune to fix this? Or possibly have a tuning shop put the tune in to make it work. I do not want to spend alot on a AIC. if it comes down to that ill just undo what i did and leave the truck alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 06:46 PM
information regurgitator

What wire did you use ??
Old 11-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke Techie

What year is it? As far as I know the 03's and 04's will not react like the 05's and up do. However there is a plug for an apcm located on the bottom side of the steering column. I have hooked mine into a couple of early 6.0's when I was flushing the cooling systems and it controlled the rpms just like a 7.3.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
What wire did you use ??
I used the light blue with a yellow tracer by the parking brake and a white wire with a blue tracer by the OBD II connector.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
What year is it? As far as I know the 03's and 04's will not react like the 05's and up do. However there is a plug for an apcm located on the bottom side of the steering column. I have hooked mine into a couple of early 6.0's when I was flushing the cooling systems and it controlled the rpms just like a 7.3.
I did look into that. However I am not buying another module to hook up. If that is what I need then ill just leave the truck as it is. To me it's not worth $1,100 just to make it high idle.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Powerstroke Techie

You can find them on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks. I think I paid 120 for mine.

I found this in the wiring diagram:

P T O Signal Wire to PCM and Customer Pass–Thru Wires: The location of circuit no. 322, Light Blue with Yellow Trace (LB/YE), has changed from its 1999 thru 2001 model years location. For 2002 model year the circuit is located to the left of the steering column and just right of the parking brake pedal, accessible through the modesty panel. The wire is still blunt cut, but no longer has an identification tag. The customer pass–thru circuits can be found with circuit no. 322. This circuit is only active on 2002 F–Super Duty models with automatic transmission and power take–off provision (order code 62R).
Old 11-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
You can find them on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks. I think I paid 120 for mine.

I found this in the wiring diagram:

P T O Signal Wire to PCM and Customer Pass–Thru Wires: The location of circuit no. 322, Light Blue with Yellow Trace (LB/YE), has changed from its 1999 thru 2001 model years location. For 2002 model year the circuit is located to the left of the steering column and just right of the parking brake pedal, accessible through the modesty panel. The wire is still blunt cut, but no longer has an identification tag. The customer pass–thru circuits can be found with circuit no. 322. This circuit is only active on 2002 F–Super Duty models with automatic transmission and power take–off provision (order code 62R).
If I MUST get the box ill just leave it. I like the idea of a simple rocker switch. Not a whole module. And the diagram info is for a 7.3 it looks like. I have a 03 6.0.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke Techie

This came out of a 2003 wiring diagram, I'm not sure why it says 2002. You can get the box and program it to adjust idle as soon as the parking brake is engaged and hide it under the dash, but this would be an issue with a manual trans. I have mine wired this way but I got an auto.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM

If i can hide it and hook it up to a switch ill just do that. I like that idea better. I honestly appreciate your time.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I know mine works on the 7.3's but it didn't respond automatically on a 6.0.
I got a friend with a 03 and another friend with a 04 so I'll have to dig out my newer apcm and program it. I'll let you know what happens so that you don't buy one and not have it work how you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.