Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AUX Upfitter switches

8K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  mlux2008 
#1 ·
What sort of things do you guys have wired up to the Upfitter switches

#2 ·
A wire that leads to no where. Used to be hooked up to the strobes until they got stolen.

#7 ·
just did the high idle mod to my truck i used aux switch #4 i love the mod because it's free!!!!!!

#8 ·
(1) - Aux Backup lights (hitch mounted)
(2) - soon to be Hella 500's behind the grille
(3) - Nothing
(4) - High Idle

#10 ·
Mine were up in the area behind where the handle is that disengages the e-brake. There are 4 wires there with black caps on them. I was able to do mine without dropping the fuse panel, but I think it would be easier if I had dropped it, its tight in there!

#16 ·
Train horns :thumb: thats on my wish list

#12 ·
1. -
2. rear lights
3. -
4. high idle

Where do you have your air comp set up? Was wanting to install one.

#21 ·
the compressor is in the tool box and the horns are under the bed. you would never know they were there if you hadent allready known they were

#15 · (Edited)
1.) Lights to my gauges other than my insight

(very pleased I did this.. It's nice to shut off all the lights when driving at night if you are cruising along not towing or getting after it)

2.) back up camera
3.) CB
4.) high idle

Considering changing 3 to better back up lights or HID fogs...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

#17 ·
got six kc lights hooked up on em "THERE GREAT" for the kcs because they allready have the releys wired into them but i ran fuse holders inline to the lights just incase,2 150watters,2 130 watters, 2 100 watters

#18 ·
how do u hook stuff up to the upfitter switches?? been tryin to figure it out and cant lol new to superdutyd

#20 ·
Here is a write up on how to install high-idle: High Idle Write-up

Basic idea is the same for whatever you decide to hook up, just different color wires for each switch. The larger wires (1)(2) are 30amp and (3)(4) are 10amp from what I understand. I have high idle on (4). I am using (1)(2) for lighting. Hope it helps!

#19 ·
on my stock 06 250 cc the relays are up and under the glove box and you need to pull the whole main fuse box under the dash out the should be four wires with some heat shrink on them there not very long either do belive ther like a orange with green stripe they should all be together, just use a test light and turn the switch on to see wich is wich and hook up what ever acc you want i think the two thin wires are 30 amp relays and the 2 fat ones are 40amp or 30amp and 20amp somethin like that just be sure to and inline fuse holders though let me know if ya need more info got the diagram and some pics somewhere ??!!

#22 ·
Are you saying that the upfitter switches already have relays in them? I want to add some offroad lights to the front of my truck and use #1 and #2 upfitters. I got two wiring harnesses with relays and inline fuse already in them. If I do not need them and need to just add an inline fuse then I would rather go that route.

#23 ·
IIRC they already have relays so there is no need for anything other than to tie into the one power wire from the switch.

#25 ·
ya sorry it took so long new2deisel?? yes the stock upfitters have relay under and behind or i believe ubove the glove box,switch 1and 2 is a 30amp 3 and 4 are 20amps and you have to take the fuse panel under the driver side compleatly out to get to the wires and there (i do belive) orange with blue and black and somethin else but two are thick and two are thin with black heat shrink on the ends. ya just wire up what ya want and add a good size fuse and ur good to go

#29 ·
Spot #1: (2) KC Daylighter flood lights, mounted on front light bar
Spot #2: (2) KC Daylighter spot lights, mounted on front light bar
Spot #3: Auxilary rear flood lights, mounted between hitch and bumper
Spot #4: High idle

If I ever decide to add anything else, I'll just wire the spots and floods together on one circuit. It's nice having these factory switches and not having to add any aftermarket ones.

#30 ·
If I bought a 06 F350, without Upfitters switches, Would I still have the fusebox under the dash? So that I could add Upfitter switches later? Or how easy would it be to install them at a later time?

#31 ·
Very simple to install. The kits come with everything you need. Takes about 20 minutes to put the whole thing in.

#32 ·
Thanks, didnt mean to hijack, but I figured this would be best place to ask. I am liking alot of the ideas people have mentioned.

What amp would a secondary (backup) camera use, if I wanted to say use the upfitter to turn it on and off. And install the camera in a horse trailer?

#34 ·
Is there any way to convert the upfitter switch to a 3-way switch? Or replace the switch with a 3-way? Benefit to doing this is so that I can put in 08+ mirrors on the truck and wire the switches to power fold and telescope using the switches and leave everything on the driver side door stock (clean look)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.