viper remote start crank time? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
viper remote start crank time?

Is it possible to adjust my crank time? Bought the truck with the remote start and just figured out it trys s to start just don't crank long enough. What do I doż
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Find the manual, there will be directions on how to change how long the engine will crank.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

uhhhh you mean online manual?? cause i def dont have one here.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
it should be available on vipers web site
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

SO I CALLED VIPER APPARENTLY THEY CANNOT TILL ME HOW TO ADJUST THE CRANK TIME???
Old 11-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

IM GONNA HAVE TO GO BEHIND THE DASH AND FIND OUT WHAT MODEL I HAVE. THE ONLY THING IM FINDING ON MY FOB IS 474V.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM

If you cant figure it out take it to your local viper dealer!!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM

Exactly!!! If you bring it to a local car audio shop who installs Viper, they'll hook their computer up to your alarm and program it exactly how you want it... They may charge you a little bit to do it, depends how cool they are. It would be worth a little bit of a charge to have it done correctly IMO... I have my remote start set to crank 8 seconds after I start it from the remote and it cranks for 2 seconds.Good luck buddy!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterHD View Post
Exactly!!! If you bring it to a local car audio shop who installs Viper, they'll hook their computer up to your alarm and program it exactly how you want it... They may charge you a little bit to do it, depends how cool they are. It would be worth a little bit of a charge to have it done correctly IMO... I have my remote start set to crank 8 seconds after I start it from the remote and it cranks for 2 seconds.Good luck buddy!
Seriously? Hook a computer to it? You must be completely electronically challenged. Don't get on here and give false information!!!

To the OP find out what model your alarm is, download the manual online, then reprogram the crank time. It will be a series of clicks on the valet button to get into the right program to extend the crank time. Once you find the correct manual you should not have a problem. THERE IS NO COMPUTER TO HOOK TO THE ALARM LIKE THE ABOVE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
Seriously? Hook a computer to it? You must be completely electronically challenged. Don't get on here and give false information!!!

To the OP find out what model your alarm is, download the manual online, then reprogram the crank time. It will be a series of clicks on the valet button to get into the right program to extend the crank time. Once you find the correct manual you should not have a problem. THERE IS NO COMPUTER TO HOOK TO THE ALARM LIKE THE ABOVE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU.
Well, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about... I would never tell anyone anything unless i was 100% certain. My friend owns a car audio and alarm shop. He just recently hooked his programmer (computer) up to mine and adjusted a bunch of settings for me... you my friend are the challenged one, if you did not know they had modern technology to assist you in this task. He said he didn't have a manual so I was simply giving him a suggestion to make it easier. Please do your research before you attempt to bash me on a subject you clearly have minimal knowledge on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.