DDM Tuning HID"s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DDM Tuning HID"s

Has anybody got anything bad to say about DDM Tuning HID"s ??? Been thinking about ordering from them cause they are about half the price of Retro-Solutions. Thinking about going with 55w 6000k for headlights and 35w 6000k for driving lights. Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not trying to steer anyone away from Retro-Solutions as they are a site sponsor, but I don't have any complaints about my DDM lights. I recommend the 55w because I got the 35w hi/lo and they don't really seem to be any brighter than my stocks. Just a different color. They do seem to have a wider angle than the stockers and I can see the sides of the road a lot better which is good for watching out for deer etc. The only problem I had was that the fog light bulbs were a tight fit in the housing. There is some adjustment on the housing itself though that would have made it easier. I installed them in the dark under my carport while it was raining so it was not as smooth of an installation as it would have been had it been daytime and dry.

I think they are a good deal for the money but I have never had HID's before so I have nothing to compare them to.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have bought 7 sets from DDM, and with the exception of a bad ballast (they sent a new one) have no complaints. It should be noted I run them in my bikes, not my truck.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Please don't think I'm trying to diss Retro-Solutions in anyway. The ol saying is you get what you pay for. Just seeing what the DDM guys think of them. I know that the Retro people cap their driving lights ( their suggestion was much appreciated ) I myself have never run HID"s either. So all the help and suggestions I can get is much appreciated also, thanks for the feedback so far guys.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by meswj View Post
Please don't think I'm trying to diss Retro-Solutions in anyway.

I know that the Retro people cap their driving lights
I didn't think you were. I would have bought from them myself but I had limited funds when I bought mine.

What do you mean by "cap them"?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:37 PM

DDMs in my last truck for 2 years without a single issue. They will be going in this one as well. I'm lucky enough to be able to walk into the shop too since it's here in San Diego
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 PM

i had them in my TBSS and i loved them. never had any issues. would buy again and i plan to once i get the new front end on my truck
Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colberjs View Post
I didn't think you were. I would have bought from them myself but I had limited funds when I bought mine.

What do you mean by "cap them"?
They said that it would be advisable to cap the fog (driving) lights, something about keeping the beam where it should be and not blinding on co
Ing drivers. Instead of painting the ends they put a metal cap on the end.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

I decided to go with Retro-solutions despite the higher cost. I went with them over DDM because of the differences in the ballasts, the capped lights, as well as the the fact that the bulbs are 55w bulbs and not 35w bulbs matched with a 55w ballast. I love the retro-solutions kit!

Let it be known that I have no experience with DDM or their products. Everything I know in this regard is what I have read on this forum.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:33 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Matt any pics of the capped lights and a night shot of the lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.