Gauges and Radio problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges and Radio problem

Hello everybody. First time poster long time troller. Anyway I'm having some problems with my 2005 F250 6.0 The dash and radio turn on/off as they please. Seems like a loose connection cause the bumpier the road the more on/off it is. The lights on the dash will stay on when I have headlights on but the gauges will still go dead. I have dug around under and behind the dash and cant find any loose or broken wires. Has anybody had this happen to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Question for you, when your gauges go dead, do they ever act like you just started the truck? For example they do the full sweep when they come back on?

I had this issue for awhile, and it was actually a bad connector on the alternator causing the problem. Once that was replaced I haven't had any other problems.

Also pull your fuse panel, and make sure first that all the fuses are seated well and secondly check the back of it to make sure all the plugs in the back are seated securely. It's not hard to do, only take a 10mm socket and a couple of minutes.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No they don't do a full sweep they come back to the correct current reading. I suppose this would mean I'm not losing accessory power through the ignition?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like a bad conntection at a fuse panel. Check all your fuses that are related, and check your alternator output and battery connections.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Doing some more digging and there is a relay that clicks every time the dash/radio goes on and off. I switched the relays around and the problem doesn't change. Does anybody have a wiring diagram? I don't even have an owners manual to know which fuses/relays I should be checking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.